cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

1. Please can some one tell me the better way to delete Custom data (Inactive records) , I know that we can do the same at DB level.

2 If I remove all the values (from the maintenace screen --> Custom Data Tab -- > Custom data field value), so "Inactive" records will become "Active"?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you have used that custom data, you will have referenced records to the corresponding database table. So, manual removing\deletion at DB level of Custom Data from some category leads to data inconsistency.

Why do you need to do that? How can inactive records affect something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander,

Inactive record are not affecting any work, you are correct, just wanted to remove grabage , so there is NO way I can make that field Active from Inactive (so that I can delete the record).

Thanks

0 Kudos

Please note that data from CUSTOM_FIELDS table is archived. So, there should not be much garbage

Br,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose u mean archiving the Custom Data defination records ( @ Custom Data Maintenance) ?

0 Kudos

I meant archiving of custom values itself, which are stored in CUSTOM_FIELDS table. The definitions, which are stored in CUSTOM_FIELDS_DEF table, are not archived.

If you do need to delete some definitions, just delete its values from Custom Data tab of corresponding Maintenance activity -> if there are no values specified for this definition, you can delete it from Custom Data Maintenance.

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

Answers (0)