cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable reverse the PGI because of material document has been archived.

former_member222859
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when i was  doing PGI to the delivery ,  material document has been archived due to local network issue. with this affect MMBE is not updated and unable to view m/l document .

now i want do the PGI reversal in order to provide smoth SCM process  but system does not allowing  me do that  because of m/l document archived. can you some help me on the same. i alreday tried in vl09 and expecting gentle response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material document  will not get archive when you do PGI due to local net work issue.May be update termination happened.Check any logs in SM13 transaction against you.Now what is the follow on documents atre you able to see in the delivery ?.

If you see material document and not able to view then raise a OSS note to sap for investigation.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivasa, it sounds very strange that a "material document has been archived due to local network issue". What has local network to do with SAP archiving functionality (=how could  a local network issue trigger archiving??)?

Anyway, as I understand (your description is not very clear) you have two problems:

1) Material document is archived and you cannot do the cancellation

2) Stock level has not been updated

1) OSS note 820616 clearly says:

"You want to cancel a material document that was posted years ago and that has already been archived. This is not possible in the standard system and the system should issue an error message if you try to do it..."

So, in my opinion you could do

- physical inventory adjustment

- do a return fro customers process

...instead cancellation. Or find out other workaround.

2) This would mean you have inconsitency in your system (i.e. goods movmeent posting didn't update stock level properly)

If it is true, I would suggest you should open a message to OSS