cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual_Approval_Index behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I first create the shopping cart, the actual_approval_index is 0, but if someone edits an ordered shopping cart as an approver, the actual_approval_index value is non-zero say 00000003. Can you please let me know how the actual_approval_index is governed? Our problem is that if the shopping cart is edited by an approver who changes the internal order (Account Assignment) where he is not responsible (no longer an approver then) and saves the shopping cart, the approval list vanishes and there is no approver in the list. I debugged and found that the approval_table has index of approvers which is below the actual_approval_index and gets deleted. Please suggest how should I proceed.

I have another query. Is an user who is not an approver after editing the shopping cart (Before that he was an approver), is authorized to edit or save the shopping cart any further?

Thanks and regards,

Atanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

For the second question please check the note 1649794. It describes who is able to edit the shopping carts.

For the index question: After editing the documents, the workflow will be restarted (if security level allows the restart). After a restart the approval index will be also started from the beginning.

Best Regards,

Gergely

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a small query. In our system approver is determined based on person responsible in internal order. If the approver mentioned in internal order edits the shopping cart and changes the internal order to a different internal order where different person is responsible, The workflow behaves abruptly. When the shopping cart is in edit mode, the workflow is no longer available. Is it because the person is not authorized any more to edit the shopping cart?

Thanks and regards,

Atanu