Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image - Thumbnail display in document

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

I have attached few GIF, JPEG image files in a document. I can only see 1 image when I goto CV01N/CV02N. SAP Notes states as below under node (IMG) -> Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails (Images):

If you have defined more than one entry for a document type, you can define the sequence in which the system checks the entries and uses them to display thumbnails.

1. Place the cursor on an entry. In the structure, choose Change Sequence.
  2. Use the arrow keys to move your entries to the position you require.

3.  Save your entries.

Q-1: Am I missing any setting in IMG to display all the images as thumbnails at document header level (Screenshot attachd) or is this feature not provided in SAP?.

Q-2: Also, we are having a unique requirement - Client wants the Images attached to a document be displayed as a thumbnail (Shall enlarge when clicked) at Purchase Order -> line item level.

Purpose: The client wants to make sure they sending out the right type of material (Color, model etc.) even prior to procuring goods, to avoid hassles such as returns.

Please share your thoughts.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

[how to display the image in sap ui5 ][1]

Hello,

I'm currently developing an application, using SAP ui5, and i want to display an image

Thanks

new sap.ui.commons.Label({text:"Photo"}),

new sap.ui.commons.FileUploader({

uploadUrl : "../../../../../upload", 

name: "simpleUploader",   

oEntry.PHOTO = content[10].getValue();

oModel.loadData("https://travelp1942097988trial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/admin/adddata1.xsjs", oEntry, true, 'POST');

location.reload();

//column in table//

oTable.addColumn(new sap.ui.table.Column({

label: new sap.ui.commons.Label({text: "Photo"}),

template: new sap.ui.commons.TextField().bindProperty("value", "PHOTO"),

sortProperty: "PHOTO"

}));'

**I'm currently developing an application, using SAP ui5, and i want to display an image**

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

regarding the thumbnail behavior and your questions I can provide you the following information.

Question 1:

At the moment only one file will be displayed as thumbnail. It is not possible to have one thumbnail for each attached file. Please read the documentation at the customizing entry in transaction SPRO and

also the information displayed by pressing the small blue help button inside the customizing transaction.

Question 2:

This feature needs to be embedded from object side and from DMS point of view I can only inform you that there is no such functionatity at the moment.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for your inputs. Regarding Q-2 that I had, I think it will involve lot of custom enchancements from ABAP team, which is what I suggested to the client. It may or may not work in the end - is the answer even I had from the ABAP team.

-Thanks

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Christoph,

So, it looks like there is no added advantage of the 'Display image as thumbnail' feature, other than it just displays 1image as a thumbanail in DIR. What adv. does the customer have, if sequence of display mentioned in the Customizing can only display 1 image as thumbnail?.

Are you aware if there is an archive where all these image files are stored in DB?. Please let me know.

-Thanks