cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC web ui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i want to know if it's possible linx one user with two or more business partner in the web ui of SNC. How?

Tnx

Enrico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Enrico,

The same question or simlar Question arise in 2 different cliets i worked.  The plain anser is No.

The reason is explained by Harsha above,

In addition, in the client you are working, they will have different roles for Supplier and Buyer correct.  If a ID has same Rles only thing is to swap the Business Partner, then you can achieve using the Relationship button and assign different BP for SNC user. 

If you do above, you can make SNC to allow view of Data for the assigned  supplier BP.

Better to have individual IDs for each different supplier. No way out ..

I believe , few reason, like Say if the same product is supplied by 2 different Suppliers , then the Data will get shared. Not good. 

Hope this helps.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks to all.

Ok, I can't use the BP concept but I try to expose an example what i need to do:

1) i have 1 BP organization X assigned to 3 users A, B and C

2) i have few location, for example 10, assigned to BP organization X

3) user A need to see only ASN coming from location of BP X number 1, 2, 5, 4, 5, 6

4) user B need to see only ASN coming from location of BP X number 7, 8, 9, 10

5) user C need to see all the ASN of BP X

Is it possible do something similar using BPH or partner dependent network filter?? any suggestion?

Tnx

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Enrico,

As far as user A B C are employees of same company, why do you really want to restrict viability.  Can you suggest Client user to create specific Variants on the Web UI Say Quick view, Due list , Work list with specific location numbers and use them to view there own Data.

See the advantage of having access to all ASN will help during Vacations and job internal Transfer. 

in my view, the behavior of USER A,B, C see them all is the standard,  user Web UI variants to restrict results and what they will see.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

This requirement cannot be met using the std. User - BP concept due to the reasons mentioned above by Nikhil / Harsha / MJ.

But this is an ideal case for using BP Hierarchy concept.

Taking your example,

Lets assign locations 1,2,3,4,5,6 to BP Type Org "A"

Lets assign locations 7,8,9,10 to BP Type Org "B"

Now using BPH concept, lets create a BP Type Org "C" and assign BP Org A & B under it. (Note : BP Org C is not assigned to any location)

Then assign the users to respective BP Orgs (UserA to BP Org A and so on). Then when the users logs to SNC web UI they should have visibility as mentioned by you.

But I have tried this and it does not work. I am not sure if this is due to some error in assignement using BPH or if the concept of BPH itslef is not applicable for SNC.

I did some research and never found any reference of BPH being used for SNC.

You can probabaly raise an OSS msg and confirm the same from SAP.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bharath,

I am not trying to add fuel here..

But, your idea is perfect till we create the Hierarchy. But how will the Location assigned for BP-C automatically be visible for BP-A or BP-B or visa-versa.

Also, when PO gets created, the Customer= say BP-A location then in any of the reporting its not considering.

I feel SAP did not design it the way we are thinking as you have mentioned.  I strongly feel , either SAP should reason out why they did not build the feature ,( something we are not aware off..).

Former Member
0 Kudos

This case can be done by changing the selection object for a screen from partner dependent (PDNF) to profile based visibility. Then, user based location product visibility can be maintained for the user.

Try this and let us know if it works out!  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

i'm trying this case but i'm not sure to do right. I'm studing this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SNC700_ehp02/helpdata/en/48/1067c0de784aa6e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

is it right document?

Can you know and give me the step to implement this case?

Tnx

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

Follow below steps:

1) go to /N/SCF/VISCTRLPROFASSN and click on create Profile then enter with required parameter like location,product etc.

2) go to /N/SCF/VISCTRLPROFASSN enter user ID

select required Application Data ID

Like for SNI process

INVOVW

SNI

SNIAT

SNIH

SNIIH

SNILOCPRODPRSET

SNILOCPRODSET

SNIMNM

SNIMNO

SNISSH

SNITLDASSN

etc..

Enter the profile name which you have created in step 1

then click on save profile assignment.

You can check what user can see by clicking Display Visible Data

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil Pandya,

I'm traing to use /N/SCF/VISCTRLPROFASSN but nothing happens.

I need to see in the web ui only ASN coming from location form A for example. So, as you suggest, i'm working with /N/SCF/VISCTRLPROFASSN. i'm doing as you suggestion:

1) Create profile.

Profile name: xxx

I save. I try to insert also other fields (Supplier, ship-from location, but nothing change)

2) then

user: my user ID

Application data ID: ASN (i need to work with ASN only on the web ui)

Profile name: xxx

valid from: interval

Then i save (save profile assignment)

3) display visible data

application data ID: ASN

logon user: my ID

Business partner view: Supplier view

Valid from: interval

then when i check the visibility i see all the ASN, from location A and B for example. (also on web ui). I need to see only ASN from location A

Why? Am i doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Tnx

Enrico

N.b. I forget to change from customizing the visibility. now i'm trying. Now on the diplay visible data i see only location A, but on the web ui i see also location B.... How parameter i have to set in the selection mode of customizing? Now i'm using MD_C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

It is not working for me also.

can you try to restrict user by roles and authorization.

Object:C_APO_LOC

Field name: APO_LOC>>>>>location

Object:C_APO_MAPR

Field name:APOPARTNER >>>>>>>>>>>>Business partner

Field name:APO_PROD>>>>>>>>>>>>Product

It is not recommended to have these types of roles but you can try as a workaround till we get solution from SAP.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

the concept of BP - User is to have one to one mapping relationship.

So, it has to be unique one. Even if we assign one or more BP, the system will pick the recent one and show the same message while starting the web UI

- Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

It is not possible to have one user with multiple business partner in the SNC Web Ui.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I had a query on similar lines.

Is it possible to use the BP Hierarchy concept (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/1b/90c466549e024ba500a50ef62b5811/frameset.htm)

in SNC to overcome this limitation that a user can be assigned to only one BP.

Regards,

Bharath