cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock types in Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there anyway by which additional "Stock types" like "Restricted-use" can be added in the Usage decision "Inspection lot stock" tab.

One can segregate the Posting Quantity into various Stock types from Usage decision screen (Find the screenshot), wherein I like to have a stock type "Restricted-use", Is it possible? How to do ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate the exact business requirement behind this.

I think posting proposal to UD code  in selected sets can solve ur problem

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Vivek for ur reply.

My Client is into Process manufacturing,

COR1 -> COIK -> CORK -> MB31 -> QA32 -> KKS2 -> KO88.

As soon as the Quality dept inwards the material into Unrestricted area, the sales guy ignorantly (As he's not aware) doing PGI to customer without the Variance Settlement, which results in not updation of Cost into Material.

Hence we have come with a solution that, quality person should inwards the material into Restricted area, and once the settlement (KKS2 and KO88) is done for the material, material would be transferred from Restricted area to Unrestricted. This helps in preventing the material from PGI for which Settlement have not been done.

This is why, I would like to have a Stock type "Restricted". I have no knowledge in QM, kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay N

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case in QS51 transaction maintain posting proposal as "To unrestricted use stock,Blocked batch status" for your UD codes. so that the stock type will be unrestricted use stock but the batch status will be restricted so that it canot be used in PGI. Whenever require change the batch status to unrestricted through transaction MSC2N so that the same batch can be used for PGI.

But for this batch status management should be active in customization.

Hope this will solve ur problem.

Check and revert.

Regards

Vivek

Answers (0)