Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour of file sender

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am workung on a simple file to jdbc interface, which was working fine..

but from last few weeks, sometimes the files are not getting picked up..though the FTP is up and running wiht no errors in CC..

it would get picked up only after i restart the channel..and this happens once/twice a week...and  works fine rest of the time...what could be the reason...i reactivated channel both in ID and in RWB-CC...but it still the same.

just to inform once again, this doesnt happen regularly..

please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a know bug. You can solve it by setting a timeout (described in note 801926).

Advanced mode:

Parameter: ftp.timeout

Value: integer (seconds), a value of 60 is ok.

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

thanks for your reply.

here is the screenshot attached as per your advise..do you think this would suffice? how it works?

please advise

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this will solve your issue

Regards,

Udo

BTW: Wait one millisecond before modification check makes no sense. Put there something 5000. This parameter avoids that file are picked which are not complete written. In result you have like half files picked and this leads of course to later mapping errors.

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Udo,

Thank you so much for your reply.

How does this timeout option work and how it guaratee that the file will surely get picked? any doc please.

thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont know. I had the same issue and opened an oss thread. They recommanded the timeout, it was working.

Regards,

Udo

PS: You should finish your messages with your name or an alias. So we can follow the discussion flow in bigger threads. If i need to write just "Hi " it is more difficult to identify who is directed with my message. If someone else is answering to the thread and it is not directed to me i would see it in mail notification and can ignore it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Did you check the reply in this thread already?

Check if this SAP note helps.

http://scn.sap.com/message/4957661#4957661

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

As we can schedule channels on daily, weekly, monthly and one time basis so that we can schedule an XI Communication Channel on a particular date and at a particular time in a day or in a week or a month or a year by using ATP.

Please check whether you set any ATP(Availability Time Planning enables scheduling) configuration for the communication channel which you used for. If not check the polling interval in your CC.

Best Regards,

Sagarika

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagarika,

There is NO ATP setting done on this channel..and infact the polling intrval is working fine...it just happens randomly...there is no any timestamp as such.

thanks