Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of smartforms translation in se63

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

In sapscript we have versions for different languages and we add and put any code in it independently but only alignment cannot be changed as every version will be impacted.

The logic used are all independent in different versions in sapscript.

Now when we go in translations for smartforms in SE63 , i have seen that we get very few text elements that can be translated..hope they have some texts hence appear in the editor.

Now suppose a text element is present in smartforms and not currently present in se63 editor and if i try to add it in SE63 editor , say

/E &total_nd&

/IP                                { let say i want to give a blank space hnece using paragraph format IP before the texts for that text element}

On activation even after several times my chnages gets revert.

Can someone suggest how can add say just a space on call of certain text element in smartform.

I don't want to change the actual form.

In sapscript it will be simple to do. Please suggest and give your views.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194152
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In smartform translation is maintained by Text Module, not like SAP Script editor variable you mentioned in above, go to SMARTFORMS transaction initial screen and over there in 3rd radiobutton u can see option to create text module which can used inside the form and later you can maintain translation for these module.

in SE63 search under Transport Object Menu Enter R3TR      SSFO     Text Module Name for Translation.

Regards,

Gagan Choudha

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan thanks for reply .... my issue is the smartform has text node already and i know control flows thourgh it but in se63 when i puts that text node it gets revert.

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

I finally made change in the form as i could not get place to later logic in SE63. Thanks solved now.

former_member219850
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiee folks,

Please help me regarding this issue ..

How can we toggle beween to language texts for eg hello = eng and hallo = german without the help of se63???

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

what about reading the official documents how to translate a smartforms?

Transaction SE63 - Translation Tools for Translators (BC-DOC-TTL) - SAP Library

Why would anybody not use SE63?

Otherwise logon in the language and do it this way....

~Florian