cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO 3.0.9 when called in udf doesnt work, but works when put in as a Java imported archive!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I am working on an upgrade project from SAP PI 7.0 to SAP PI 7.3 EHP1. During the upgrade it was decided to upgrade from JCO 2.0 to JCO 3.0.9.

WE have two kinds of database lookups in our landscape currently.

1. We have a JAva archive which contains a function to connect to the database and do a lookup. Already existing Message mappings will now import this new archive and use it in udfs.
2. We have a function library containing the same lookup function, which can be used by message mappings to be built in the future.

Basically both does the same thing, except that the first one was written so that the old interfaces are untouched and the second one is for configuring new interfaces.

Currently, the first step has been complete. I have created the DBLookup JAva archive and successfully tested it. Existing message mappings can lookup into the database without error. This is based on JCO 3.0.9. The import package is "com.sap.conn.jco.*"

However, as planned for the second case, when i try to use the same function within the udf in the function library, I get a compiler error saying "com.sap.conn.jco.*" does not exist and cannot be imported. Subsequently nothing in the function works. For a double check, I tried to replace the functionality in the udf with the connnection set up as for JCO 2.0 with the import package "com.sap.mw.jco.*" and that worked!!

I am confused now. How did the JAva archive work if the package import for JCO 3.0 doesn't work.

Can anyone please tell me how to make this udf thing working with JCO 3.0.9. What have i done wrong?

Regards,
Ninu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

:O.. surprises me that there are no replies!!