Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build ejb archive disabled - NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I am building an adapter module as per:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da5675d1-0301-0010-9584-f6c...

But Build EJB Archive option is disabled to create the jar files. I tried many options but still the same.

Can someone help me with what to do?

Can we develop the adapter module using the WSAD(Websphere Application Developer Studio)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

If u r using NWDS, then goto the EJB perspective and then rt click on ur EJB project, click build archive..also in the windows-> preference-> J2EE engine...did u give the msg port...

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akshay ,

I have applied both the options u specified here but no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Can u try this...select he project. hen on the Menu..thr will smtinh like Project-> Build ALL or Build Project...I dont remember exactly but check for 'Build All ' or 'Build project'

Also, check whther is thr any probs with ur NWDS...I mean is it working fine with ur other projects...

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the project -->rebuild all. Also, I made some changes to bean ,saved and rebuild the project again. Still no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Did u edit the ejb-jar.xml properly. Also check whther u projec references all the reqired jars properly. Check for any error in ur project.

If not try to create another EJB bean and follow the same procedure.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not see any errors for this project under tasks. Also , ejb-jar.xml did not have any compilation/validations errors.

I have created the project 2 times but the same problem for both the projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the J2EE perspective, go to J2EE view, check if you have any entries under EJB candidates, if you have then right click and select add to ejb-jar.xml. The reason for this option being disabled most of the times is improper deployment descriptors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not see the ejb candidates in my ejb project. My ejb project is like this ..

FileReplaceMoule

+ejb-j2ee-engine.xml

+ejb-jar.xml

+ejbModule

Under this my bean implementation class exists.

Let me know if I am doing any wrong. Can you please send me any steps document if u have..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

just copy your java code at in someother place.....then delete your EJB prj...NWDS will ask for deleting contents....choose delete content also option.. delete both projects......

Now start creating a fresh EJB Project with a new name.....follow the "how to create adapter module" document......do all the steps.......

Then you will be able to build your ejb archive by right clicking your ejb project..

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were duplicate ejb jar files in the class path of the ejb module project. Even though no errors shown in NWDS tasks, somehow it is confused . I have removed one of the jar file and able build successfully . I have deployed the ejb module and accessed the adapter module from file comm channel successfully.

Answers (0)