Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erase the value of characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!!

My situation is:

I have two characteristics, for example, A (values 1 and 2) and B (valuse M and N) (of the same class).

I'm creating document (CV01N) and assigning value 1 to characteristic A, and value M to B.

After I decide and change the value of characteristic A and I want to characteristic B value erased.

I thought that I can use dependencies option RESET (from structure SCREEN_DEP), but it's not suitable, or I do something wrong....

What options do I have???

Thanks for answers!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member,

After I decide and change the value of characteristic A and I want to characteristic B value erased.

Didnt understand if you changed the value of characterstic in document or in characterstic it self using CT04? please explain.

If you want to delete characterstic and its values , follow what Swetha A replied above.

also you can use the option to over write the characterstic B and delete its values, see below link for more details

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Overwritten+characteristics

Also if the same characterstic is being used in anothr clas or for other materials of documents you may need to use ECM to delete it.

also you have a option to hide this characterstic or value if you are not using it for this specific class. I can suggest you how you can use dependencies to do it , once you explain requirement in details.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, maybe I'm not very clearly describing the problem.

I have document type 'A' (Document Management) with 'B' Class. 'B' class has characteristics 'C' and 'D'. Characteristics 'C' has values '1', '2' and '3', characteristic 'D' - values '5' and '6'.

I create document (CV01N) with type 'A' and set values of the characteristic 'C' as '1' and 'D' as '5' (AddnlData). Save document with number 1000001.

After I want to create new document with type 'A' using document template 1000001 (CV01N). And in Addnl Data I have two characteristics 'C' and 'D' with values '1' and '5'. And I need to change the value '1' to '2' of the characteristic 'C' and after changing I need to push Enter and then the characteristic 'D' should erase it's value '5'.

It was difficult to explain)

Thanks for answers!

I solve my problem with the help of User-Defined Functions and Function Module and of course with the help of ABAP programmer.

Thanks!

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member,

Its good that your issue is resolved.

After I want to create new document with type 'A' using document template 1000001 (CV01N). And in Addnl Data I have two characteristics 'C' and 'D' with values '1' and '5'. And I need to change the value '1' to '2' of the characteristic 'C' and after changing I need to push Enter and then the characteristic 'D' should erase it's value '5'.

If you are creating a new document by copying a old document or template , you can change value assigned to characterstic C manualy without using any function and delete vaLue of D too in the same fashion.

More over , if you want it to do automatically , like when C have 1 D should be 5 , and when C have 2 D is bank , can be achivable using dependencies like Preconditions or Procedures.

you can find more details on below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

It may be usefull in future referance too.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can delete the characterstic values by