cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo request doc type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In our SAP Implementation we have Domestic and Overseas sales. We have maintained separate Document type and Number Range for Domestic and Overseas Sales. we also have Credit & Debit Memo and Cancellation Invoices.

I would like to know whether is it necessary to maintain separate Document type and Number range for Credit Memo request and Credit memo. Similarly for Debit memo request and Debit memo, Cancellation Invoice for Domestic Sales and Overseas sales.

Is there any impact if I maintain common document type for domestic and overseas sales with regard to Credit and Debit memo request and Credit and Debit memo.

with regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We normally consider different document types if the pricing differs in the process.  In your case, since the pricing procedure would be entirely different (domestic and exports), I would prefer to have different document types.  It is up to the business to decide as to how they want as it all depends on how the sales reports are being generated currently.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any impact if I maintain common document type for domestic and overseas sales with regard to Credit and Debit memo request and Credit and Debit memo.

As far as running the transactions in SAP for credit, debit and cancellation process with single/ common Sales document types (i.e. common CR sales document type for Domestic and Oversea sales) - There would be NO impact. NO Problem!

The decision of have multiple document types depends upon -

1. Business needs:

If business says we want separate number ranges & separate document descriptions for Domestic and Oversea sales, then you would have to go for different document types.

2. Different Functionalities - in Document types (VOV8, VOFA) & in Copy control (VTAF and VTFA):

Think in terms of -

- Reference Mandatory - for credit memo request of Domestic sale reference to billing document is mandatory & for Oversea reference is not mandatory.

- Billing block -

- Document pricing procedure

- Pricing type in Copy control

etc.

I would think, if the above are well researched, going for single Credit memo request, credit memo (same for Debit process) &

single Invoice cancellation type - is OK. And would suffice.

Side comment - These type of configuration questions should be well researched by you and then presented to business with Pros and Cons & your recommendations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally,it is a good solution to maintain the Credit memo request and credit memo document types differently for each domestic and overseas sales as you are going for different Sales Order types for each case.

Again,it is the business decision to go for different or same ones.

Regards,

Krishna.

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Not Active Contributor