cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating MENU and MENU ITEMS in WebDynPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to add the Menu and Menuitems for my WebDynPro Screen in the Tab Strip.I tried with ToolBar , ToolBar Item and ToolBar Right Item.But I did n't get like menu.

How to proceed for the menu? If any sample Application Document is very help ful for me to proceed further.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NW04 there is only limited menu support. You can add a menu only to some UI elements, e.g. a Tray. In the next release, there will be much more support for menus, e.g. in tables, trees, ...

The programming model is like this: Create a menu, add menu items, bind the menu item events to view controller actions. Define an event parameter mapping if you need to determine the menu item that triggered the action, or use separate actions for the menu items.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Netweaver Studio 2.0.3 .

In my application I want to Create a Menu and Menu Item in Dropdown model.

Is this fesility available in 2.0.3.I want to create a Menu and Menuitem in Tab Strip.

If I am installing 2.0.10 ie SP 10 can I create a menu and Menu Item in TAB Strip.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Javadoc for SP9 is available at

<a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SP9/webdynpro/index.html">https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SP9/webdynpro/index.html</a>

I do not understand your sentence "In my application I want to Create a Menu and Menu Item in Dropdown model."

As I already wrote, in NW04, menu support is rather limited. Perhaps you can describe your use case and we find a NW04 solution for it.

On the other side, you should definitely upgrade to the newest NW04 SP(11?) if you are still using SP3, it's much better...

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Armin.I have created the menus in my application Next problem is getting the screens in the TAB strip .

Hi,

In my application I have created five tabs by Tab strip.

In the First tab I want to call different actions like Create,Change,Delete. for all the actions the screen layout is different.I have to call the different screen inside the Tab srip Container for different actions.

How to call the screen inside the Tab?

like SUB SCREEN in SAP Dialog Programming.

Kindly help me to proceed to further.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread. (Ignore, already done)

Armin

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

How did you created the menus in WebDynPro?

Did you dynamically create the menus basd on the what roles are assigned the user?

Can you give me instructions/samples please.

Thanks in advance.

Sam