cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results recording blocking production goods receipt for order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. We have recently transferred over to entering production quality results directly into SAP via QE51n or QE51 instead of using an outside system through QMIDI.  We have come across a problem where whenever somebody is in an inspection point entering results, a 101 goods receipt against that lot's production order is blocked from happening and throws an error.  This isn't too much of a problem now, but one of our plants has a confirmations every 20 seconds and it will be a very big problem then.  Our inspections lots are one lot per production order, 04 insp type, 01 usage, freely defined inspection points. The material is being confirmed directly to unrestricted stock via a 101 movement. Is there some setting that will allow goods receipt while results recording is occurring? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI - we submitted a note to SAP and low-and-behold, note 769242

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=769242

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies Amol and Do-Wook.  Seems to be another situation where SAP didn't fully think through the business processes.

Amol - With the custom BDC will the user still be able to see calculated characteristic results, charts, and go to the UD directly as they would with QE51n? i will meet with our ABAPer to see what he can do for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion everybody. Lots are 04 InspType with Control set to "For each order item, batch and storage location". As each unit comes off the production line a partial confirmation is done. So in our scenario, the first partial confirmation creates the inspection lot and then the technicians start entering results in inspection points. Subsequent partial confirmations do not create a new inspection lot for the production order because it is the same order item and storage location. The problem is that after the first partial confirmation, if the quality technician is in an inspection point entering results, then there is an error thrown very similar to what Amol posted if the production guys try to do a partial confirmation against that same production order. This will be a big problem when we go to our plants that have a partial confirmation approximately every 20 seconds. Some of our plants do use early lot creation (other config the same) and they have the same issue with blocking partial confirmations. Hopefully that clears things up.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jimmy, I will still stick to the solution given by me earlier.

Any how you have to record results and Confirm the order.

So, you keep on confirming orders every 20 seconds, but at the same time dont record results MANUALLY.

Using that program (with bapi logic) you can enter the results insp point wise, valuate them and close them also.

you will not miss any of the functionalities.

Will suggest you to discuss with ABAPer.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. You are using "lot summary" for inspection type 04.

As you know, lot summary & early lot creation are basically similar.

"The actual lot quantity is updated(increased) for every GR, because of stock relevant insp. type."

If you want to use this type continuously, development is only way.. I think.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jimmy

One lot per production process is only generated in two situations

1) if you use 03 inspection type for that mateial.

2) if you use 04 inspection type with early lot creation

Please clarify your process?

With regards

Manish

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are using "Early lot creation" for inspection type 04.

The inspection type "03" & "04 with early lot creation" generate an insp. lot at order release.

Difference is only stock-relevant or not.

So.. I recommend if you don't use inspection type 03 currently, try it instead of 04.

The inspection type 03 is not relevant with stock, therefore no lock entry issue when you post GR.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol -

This is not a good solution. There is a lot of functionality that is missed by loading an excel sheet. Surely this isn't the best way.

Do-Wook -

They are inspection type 04 created on good receipt, not early lot. Not having stock tied is not ideal. Blocking and dispositioning material from the UD is the easiest way since it doesn't require any other transactions that may be more complicated (i.e. migo_tr, mb1s, mb1b, HUMO, etc.). Plus it aids in traceablility.

Thank you both for the prompt replies, but surely there is a better way that we can have our cake and eat it too.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Little confused..

You told us one inspection lot per production order & no early lot.

Then.. why(when) did you get 'lock entry' error at GR?

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. There is no error creating the lot. The problem is once the users start entering results. If they have an inspection point open and are entering results, then GR can not happen for that production order due to it being locked.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still confused...

Why do you perform GR again for same production order?

-if partially confirm.. may not be one inspection lot per production order

-even if partially confirm, one inspection lot.. may be early lot creation

To make sure.. still one lot per production order? not early lot creation?

Please tell us your exact business process.

Regards, DoWook KIM

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What i got is..

when you are entering results for Insp. point and at the same time another user is confirming system throws an error Like "This transaction is Locked by User XXXX".

Please correct me if i am wrong, and as Do-Wook Kim said, kindly elaborate your business process.

Regards,

Amol

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmy,

While you are recording results for Insp. Point the other user is not able to perform confirmation for Same Order.

Usually if you are recording results Manually, it will take some time.

so I will suggest you to create one program (BDC) using BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS.

Develope this program, which will upload insp. point wise results into system.

User will enter results into excel sheet, and upload this data using developed program. It will hardly take 1 or 2 deconds for one order (Inspection point).

Regards,

Amol