cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obligatory transport target for business system not found in System Landscape Directory

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got two SAP PI systems, QA and PROD.

I've got also two sld environments, one for QA and the other one for PROD. I have done a copy fro QA to PROD.

Now I want to deploy (via file) my integration scenarios from QA to PROD. I have defined transport groups in SLD PROD, but when I do the import of the file I've got this error:

Obligatory transport target for business system <SYSTEM>|<CHANNEL> not found in System Landscape Directory

I have seen several post about this topic, but no one help me.

Any Idea?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced a similar situation, For this kind of an issue you need to define the SLD parameters and create  business system for both the SLD's i.e. in both Quality and Production.since these are in two different environments. Hope that helps anyone facing a similar issue.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

otto_frost4
Participant
0 Kudos

For the transport settings to take effect you need to restart the system. At least when transporting iFlows in NWDS.

SAP forgot to mention that restart is necessary in

1604679 - PI transport fails: "Obligatory transport target for business system not found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's true. Restart is necessary. You saved me.

Thanks a lot.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Maintain transport path in QAS Business system -> PRD Business system  as shown below . Have a look  at attached file for your reference.

Regards

Hari.

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think my problem is due to 2 different SLD. I am not 100% sure, because in the past I've been working with just one SLD.

So, how should I proceed with 2 SLD? Simone has proposed me to define transport targets in both SLD. Do any one here test this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to set up the Transport Target in SLD QAS for the relevant Business System, and set up the "Transport Source" in SLD PRD.

You have to obtain something that looks like:

QAS Sld

BS_QAS -> Transport Target BS_PRD

PRD Sld

BS_PRD -> Transport Source BS_QAS

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Simone,

so as I read from your post, I have to register my SAP PI Production into QA SLD, in order to asociate productive sistems to the Integration Server in SAP PI Production, and then assing my business systems to that integration server and then define the transports targets.

Is that correct??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, If I've understood corretly what you mean!

For any others informations, you can look at the Raja's blog (posted below)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as your business system is not correctly transported to PRD you are getting this error.

you need to have all three business systems in DEV,QA and PRD.

then in sld add the entries in your Business system --> Transport groups

like below:

For DEV target groups should be QAS and PRD

DEV -->QAS

PRD

For QAS source group should be DEV and target groups should be  PRD

DEV-->QAS-->PRD

For PRD source groups should be DEV and QAS

DEV-->PRD

QAS

Regards,

Naveen.

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I only have QAS and PROD

But I've got two different SLD, one for QAS and the other one for PROD.

I have configured, for instance,

FCQCLNT100 as QAS and FCPCLNT100 as PROD in PRODUCTIVE SLD, and I have alse configured FCPCLNT100 as Target transport for FCQCLNT100.

I tried to import and I get this error:

Import failed because of business system transfer of object Communication Channel | FCQCLNT100 | CC_RECEPCION_IDOC: Obligatory transport target for business system FCQCLNT100 not found in System Landscape Directory

See error logs for details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to perform an SLD Cache Refresh in the Integration Directory (Tool -> Refresh SLD Cache)?