cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4.0 installation issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install Soln Manager 4.0 SR2, when i reach the step to give locations for the Export DVD`s, i browse to the LABEL.ASC files for each export, it does find them....and then the installation Hangs. The last message in logs is " Real group id set to 201".

O/S: HP-UX 11.23 PARISC

DB: ORACLE 10g

Please advise...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurang,

I found a similar problem due to the mount options of the DVDs.

Please check the OS dependencies guide to see the correct option like

mount -r -F cdfs -o rr /dev/dsk... /cdrom

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

The files have been copied locally, so no CD/DVD mount issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, any other comment would be highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurang ..

If I tell you my experience .. I had faced something similar to this when the install was hanging ..

I would recommend to copy the DVD again and start the old install . It is time saving than finding the cause for it .

Regards

Rahul

• Plesae award points if help is useful ***

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurang,

I have the same problem as you. Have you already solved your problem?

If yes, I would appreciate an answer.

SAP is already looking into our problem for 4 days now, but unfortunately no solution has come up yet.

I'll keep you informed.

Kind regards,

Christiaan Hilkman

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the file LABEL.ASC in CAPITALS? The system will not find the file if it´s name "label.asc"...

--

Markus

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

the file LABEL.ASC is in capitals. I don't think it is a problem reading the CD anyway. The message displayed in the SAPinstGUI is:

Collecting information about installed SAP systems:

Found SAP system SID

The last lines of the output of SAPinst are:

INFO 2007-07-19 08:15:38 [syuxccuren.cpp:264]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setGroup(PSyGroup)

Real group id set to 201.

Kind regards,

Christiaan Hilkman

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen those "hangs" when NIS, LDAP or other external authetication store is used.

If your users are local you can try to create them manually and restart the installation.

--

Markus

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

We already created the users locally. We don't use NIS, LDAP or other external authentication store.

And I don't think the sapinst has come to that part yet. It is still collecting information of the other SAP systems on the server.

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurang,

in our case of the problem, the SAPinstGui showed following message:

Collecting information about installed SAP systems: Found SAP system <SID>

In the output of sapinst these were the last lines:

INFO 2007-07-18 09:32:58 [syuxcaccmg.cpp:227]

bool CSyAccountMgtImpl::isExisting(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sName)

Account <sid>adm already exists.

INFO 2007-07-18 09:32:58 [syuxcaccmg.cpp:227]

bool CSyAccountMgtImpl::isExisting(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sName)

Account 0 already exists.

INFO 2007-07-18 09:32:58 [syuxcaccmg.cpp:277]

Account 201 already exists.

INFO 2007-07-18 09:32:58 [syuxccuren.cpp:264]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setGroup(PSyGroup)

Real group id set to 201.

SAP proposed to stop this SAP System (<SID>) and move its directory usr/sap/<SID> to a safe place. After we did this, we started the sapinst again and now it came past this point and continued the installation.

Kind regards,

Christiaan Hilkman

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Update: After the last successful sapinst (started by my colleague) I tried to install another SAP System and again encountered the same problem. After some tries I found out what might have really caused the problem. I tried to start the sapinst in the background: nohup ./sapinst -nogui &

When I then started the sapinst normally (./sapinst -nogui), it passed the hanging point an continued the installation successfully.

So maybe moving SAP systems is not necessary at all.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[...]

> export, it does find them....and then the

> installation Hangs. The last message in logs is "

> Real group id set to 201".

>

> O/S: HP-UX 11.23 PARISC

> DB: ORACLE 10g

>

are you using NIS to store you user data or do you use /etc/passwd for the users?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i am not, we do not use NIS.

The suggestion for Re-copying the files and starting it all again also failed. Still hangs at the same loaction when i supply the Export Cd path. tried all the combinations of the path selection but no good results. Is this the Issue with the SR-2 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to upgrade the SAPInst tool and retry also have checked the prerequist for HP-UX ie, chaning HP-UX kernel, any OS patch required?

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

None, performed all the pre-requistes for HP-UX looks good found none.

Can some let me know when you download EXPORT dvds from the market place how do you unzip them and to which filesystems format, i.e unzip everything to one folder or to individual folders? and when u specify the loaction of the EXPORT dvd`s in the INST what location do we point to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what way you copy the DVD to the server.

Control the permission and the owner of the files.

Usualy is that.