Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to write  sample java code which will do the following for UME users

a) Create

b)Update

c)Search

d)Delete

I would like to know if there exists any SAP UME webservice which would support the above operations.

I could find the  http://localhost:50200/irj/servlet/prt/soap/UMWebService

But this webservice does not have support for Create and Delete user.

How should i proceed here.

Do i need to create  my own webservice.

Any guideleine would be verfy helpful

I am using SAP Netweaver 7.3

Best Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am not clear with your question. What are you actually referring to UME here ? Do you have an IdM in your environment and are you referring to the UME of the NW Java system where IdM UI is deployed ?

Assuming that you said YES to the above - Those web services will only deal with users in the UME and not the actual Identity Store where your users are stored.

Even if you are using 3rd party tool, you might need to write some piece of code to call the Web Service passing parameters. As Matt suggested, you would need to write a piece of code calling a REST API and pass all your parameters.

Probably, you could elaborate more on your scenario with the systems you are dealing with.

Cheers,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

were u able to achive the same. can you give me the deatils . i need to do the same.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most compliant way to accomplish this would be through the use of SAP IDM which is designed to do all of these functions.  In particular check out NW IDM 7.2 SP8 which now is bundled with some REST / SAPUI5 examples.

I think this might be an easier way to accomplish your goals.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually in our landscape we are integarting with third party tool (NON-Sap) . So to achive above functiionlty we need to create or use existinng webservices only.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj,

This can be done via IDM via the Java based system connector.

Information can be found in the document: SAP NetWeaver® Identity Management Identity Center User management for the Identity Management User ....

Regards,

Matt