Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory field Material Number Used by Customer in Sales Order

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

We want to make it mandatory field of customer material no in Sales order VA01, where to configure in SAP ? replay me immediatelly.

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ilavarasan_td
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Log of incomplete items is working successfully, but i need its specifically for plant wise , is there any option to validate the plant for log incompleteness ?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with USEREXIT_CUST_MATERIAL_READ in program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For making the Cusotmer material Number field mandatory in Sales Order, you will either have to customize Incompletion Procedure or simply mark the field as mandatory in Screen Variant (T-Code SHD0).

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh & Alan,

Greetings...

I have one question either SHD0 or Incompletion log can restrict to fill the CMR field with wrong data means which is not at all the Cust Info Record.

Unlike Read Info Record in VOV8 will always help to fill up the exact value from VD51.

Please note that if someone erase or fill wrong data it will again fill up the exact CMR value from VD51.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have tested the scenario Incompletion log  but not helped to fetch the Info record.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

If CMR value is wrong, During SO create wrong data, incompletion log or SHD0 will not help.

Incompletion log is just to check if the field is filled in or not whether manually or automatically through VOV8 setting.

If you want SO to always get from CMR and don't acept user input, perhaps using SHD0 to make this field as display only and then use incompletion log to always check if field is filled in during VA01. If user did not maintain CMR, then user has to maintain first before creating SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VOV8 Read Info record is useful. But it only read if it exists.

To make it mandatory. Try transaction variant SHD0. Mark the field as a required field and it will always prompt user to enter.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV8, select your sale order type and check the box "Read info record" and save.  Now create a sale order and update here.

G. Lakshmipathi

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear lakshmipsthi Sir,

I think VOV8 "Read info record" is a good solution instead of making it in the Incompletion log.

As per my understanding,please correct me if I am wrong,Read InfoRecord will help to fill up the correct Customer Material info record whereas Incompletion log is only help to make a data entry in the Customer material inforecord field.Anyone can change it to wrong inforecord which creates misunderstanding.

It is nice have such important solution in a very small config change.

It is been always a great learning from your post.

Thanks,

Suman

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We want to make it mandatory field of customer material no in Sales order

If you see the original query, system should prevent if the CMR field in sale order is blank.  For this, whatever I suggested will holds good.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved by "Incompletetion Procedure"With this ,you can make a Customer Material Number a Mandatory in  Va01.Plese click F1 on what  field you want Mandatory in Sales Order and click on Technical Name and put this Field as a Mandatory in Incomplete Procedure.

If you don't mind please search in Google with Incomplete Procedure there you can get N-Number of threads.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever ,you have  provided ,that was correct link.You can get so many links also.Put "Incomplete Procedure in SD SCN or SAP "

Still ,if you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two options I can think of, first one as you have found out, using incompletion procedure and if that does not work, then use USEREXIT_CUST_MATERIAL_READ in program MV45AFZB to provide hard error.

Regards,