cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

How can i know which is Internal catalog, External catalog and Punchout catalogs from "External Web Services"

as per my knowledge if the URL for the particular catalog contains the word "punchout" we call it as punchout catalog (Am I correct???)

and the catalog which contains limited fields (not more than 4 fields) we call it as internal catalog????

Plz help me with the clarification...Plz

Points will be awarded for helpful answers..

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

There is no such difference you can identify until you know which are hosted catalog. Mostly by name for example if it is internal catalog most it is mentioned as Internal Hosted Catalog or Hosted Catalog etc.

In earlier version where we used to have CCM for hosting internal catalog some of client used to maintain them in Integrated Call structure i.e. opening inside the SRM without going outside opening new window but from MDM i have worked in couple of projects and all business wanted their internal catalog opening in new window i.e. standard call structure.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ritesh,

Thank you very much for your information..

Is there any possibility to know the kind of catalog through the URL defined under "External Web Services"???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Unfortunately No, Because in SPRO configuration for External web service you maintain URL for Internal Catalog server or punch out / external vendor catalog. So you will not able to separate systematically.

Thank you

Ritesh

mohd_uzairhussain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can differentiate it by looking at the configuration details for Web-Services in "Standard call Structure"

Ex: For internal catalogs - parameter "Catalog" will point to "SRMMDMCATALOG_slave" repository ideally (When MDM is in use)  and this field will not be available for external catalogs

To answer your question - Is there any possibility to know the kind of catalog through the URL defined under "External Web Services"???

I believe yes you can find it, if you  take a closer look at the URLs, Internal catalogs will point to your Dev/QA or Prod SRM Portals and the URL for External/Punchout catalog will be obviously different from the internal ones and point to sites hosted by Suppliers or 3rd party contractors

URL - Syntax for internal catalogs

http://<J2EEserver:J2EEport>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

URL - Syntax for Supplier directory

http://<Server.domain>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ros_prescreen/main.do

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Uzair Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your helpful answer

Not Active Contributor

mohd_uzairhussain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

Internal catalogs - are created and maintained by your company/ internally in the Organization

External catalogs - are created and maintained by Suppliers

Yes, external catalogs sometimes referred as "Punchout" catalogs

Hope you are clear now

Regards,

Uzair Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much Mohd Uzair hussain

Answers (0)