cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get UNV object definitions into a data foundation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I shall be shortly migrating to BO4 and I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

We have a large data warehouse which I would like to define as a data foundation. My impression of this is that will be abel to define objects once and then it will be avaliable for use in subsiquent projects rather than redoing it each time, I hope thats right.

So anyway I currently have lots of universes that currently hang off the DW but no one universe that covers all of it. If I want those already defined object definitions in the data foundation is there anyway I can push them up from different UNV files or am i going to have re enter them all again?

Cheers

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jim,

There is no direct way to achieve your consolidation process. As an altervnative you can do as follows

1. Get a list of all the Universe Objects using an SDK code (For XI 3.x or lower versions). The below one could be useful for this.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=59650

2. use the same code  for all your child universes.

3. do a objects level consolidation in your extracted information (removal of duplicates, etc..)

4. You can create a Consolidated universe from your cleansed information ( from steps1,2&3) and create your required universe in your existing environment itself instead of doing it in BO4.0 using the below utility.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=128075

hope this helps!

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Thanks for that, that is a shame that it cant be done in 4.0.

But thanks for the links though its something i will certainly have a go with

Cheers

Jim

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SDK used in the linked page is still available in 4.0 for Universes created using the Universe Design Tool (.UNV).  There is currently no SDK available for universe created in Information Design Tool.

Answers (0)