cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SNC S/W- Free ? SNC between APPSERVER and GUI !!

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...Experts

For Secured Communication, Host Authenticity for Super Users login, We require SNC implementation which will allow SUper user to login directly with out username and password and secured communication.

We understand SNC between DB & APP Server with SAP delivered software. But SNC between App Server & GUI, we require 3rd party Software like SECUDE.

Do we have any free software either from SAP or from NON-SAP to Implement SNC between APPSERVER and GUI that users can login without username and password from their desktops over GUI.

Rgds

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI srinivas

IF you know any information on LDAP  using SSO with kerberos authentication.I mean to say. we have an LDAP server .i had created the user IN AD. once end user login to domain portal web page should not ask user and password.i am trying to work on this... getting struck with authentication.i will mentioned the points below.

1.I had created the AD server and application sever using domain installation (SAP netwevaer verison 7.0ehp2)

2.i had created the service user in AD with password never expire and using DES encryption.

3.created the service  principal name.4.upload the spnego files using spnegowizaed645.and then run the spnego wizard all parameters given and restarted the j2ee engine.in config toool i had given the parameter ume.core.security.services.  ume.admin.attributes(krb5principal name;KPNprefix;DN).IN visual admin select the authentication ticket stack as SNEGO.

once i create the end user login in ad and roles are given in ep, authentication is not occuring in  between the ep and LDAP. My current OS version is 2008R2 enterprise (AD) and 2008R2 standar (enterprise portal 7.0 EHP2)

Please advise me on the above issue.

Thanks &  Best Regards

Pankaj

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi PR ,

Hope you are doing good.

Please read note 352295 to know your options.

"

The freely available (but maybe US-crypto-export restricted) Kerberos 5

implementation from MIT is interoperable with GSSKRB5.DLL, however,

building, installing and using it requires a significant amount of

expertise.  Support by SAP in case of problems is limited! (see note

150380). There are a few customers using it, and the MIT itself is one

of them. We recommend that you take a look at the BC-SNC certified

products.  Single Sign-On solutions based on Kerberos 5 are available

from the vendors Centrify, Computer Associates (formerly Platinum),

Cybersafe and Quest.

"

Thank you and have a nice day :).