cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global identifier generated from IdM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear IdM Experts,
I was wondering if I could get your views on generating a global identified from SAP IdM 7.2 which could be used across the landscape. Our design is as below :

- We have SAP HCM System as the source of truth which exports the employee master data to IdM 7.2 (Support Pack 5) via VDS.
- IdM pushes the employee data to Active Directory/FIM.(MSKEYVALUE (Unique Id)=PERNR)
- FIM generates AD Userid and Email address and IdM pulls it  from AD.(MSKEYVALUE Unique Id=AD UserId)
- IdM provisions the creation of user master to all the target SAP Systems.(AD UserId is an unique identifier to create user master)

So, the unique identifier changes from Personnel Number to AD userid...we would like to have ONE Global identifier which could be referred across the landscape. FIM can do it.  Any ideas if SAP IdM could generate GUID and how. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Savitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Savitha,

SAP NW IDM can certainly do it and I've done it many times!

Take a look at this article.  I originally did this under 7.0, but the concept will work with any version. However, usually you won't need something this involved.  I usually recommend using the AD sAMAccountName attribute as the global identifier.  It's guaranteed to be unique by AD which solves 1/2 the battle. IDM can easily connect to AD and all of your SAP systems to set not only this value but any other identity related values that you want to establish throughout the enterprise and your SAP landscape.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt for sharing the article 🙂

I came across a function called uGetGUID in SAP Help Portal,http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic70/en/whgdata/whlstt323.htm

I'm wondering if this function could be used to generate GUID. Any chance you have you used this before?

Thanks again,

Savitha

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Savitha,

I have not.  The function returns a long alphanumeric string, which would not be useful as MSKEYVALUE.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt

Answers (0)