cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping data for plants for with multiple Sales Org/Divisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have inter-company process and we have lot of plants which do inter company between each others.We have about four different sales org and 6 different divisions .When we are maintaining the data under "Defining Shipping Data for plants" we are getting confuse which sales org ,division we should use.We are  oftenly getting shipping point determination errors .Can you please the concept behind that ? Some of the plants they are extended to multiple divisions .They can buy from multiple plants/multiple stuff and vice versa.

Thanks

Ren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only assign one sales org to your plant which is then used for your STO business. (you can find it then in T001W table)

if you want to make use of several sales organisations for movements between the same 2 plants, then you have to code your logic in an user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose If I have plant 1000 which is supplying to 2000 through inter company process and has following Sales Org Data.

Plant 1000 , Sales Org 1000 , Distribution Channel inter company , Division  Cement,Ash , Agg

Plant 2000 .Sales Org 2000 ,Distribution Channel inter-company , Division Cement , Ash

What I need to put in Defining Shipping Data for plants ? My issue comes that plants has all these divisions which one I can use as I have only one choice?

Ren

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is your choice.

you can use for each plant a different one, or for all plants the same one.

you just canot use more than one per plant

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

for using multiple divisions and multiple distribution channels ask your SD Consultant, then he will define common division and common distribution channels, and assign them here.. for sales org maintain one sales org common for all.. may be this will be help full to you

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ren SAP wrote:

Suppose If I have plant 1000 which is supplying to 2000 through inter company process and has following Sales Org Data.

Plant 1000 , Sales Org 1000 , Distribution Channel inter company , Division  Cement,Ash , Agg

Plant 2000 .Sales Org 2000 ,Distribution Channel inter-company , Division Cement , Ash

What I need to put in Defining Shipping Data for plants ? My issue comes that plants has all these divisions which one I can use as I have only one choice?

Ren

In your example there's only one possible option for plant 1000 which is sales area:

"Sales Org 1000 , Distribution Channel inter company , Division  Cement,Ash , Agg"

In the customizing node, you are speaking about, you always define the sales area of the supplying plant. In your example there was only one sales area.

It does not matter which kind of sales areas the other plants have. Those are important only if you are sending the goods from those plants.

As it has been explained to you, if you have many sales areas defined for the supplying plant, normally you should choose one and use it always in STO process.

However, there's a possibility in standard SAP configuration to use several sales areas for one plant:

SPRO > Materials Management > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set up Stock Transport Order > Set Up Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations > Define Shipping Data for Stock Transfers Between Storage Locations

(V_T001L_L)

Here you can define based on the issuing storage location which sales area is determined. My remark is that it's very likely you don't need this and you should use the one sales area per plant scenario.

Message was edited by: Csaba Szommer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are already using storage location to storage location transfer for other purposes. But seems like as you mentioned division doesn't matter .I can use any division of supplying plant (Cement or Ash or Aggregate ) and it doesn't matter what receiving plant division is?

Ren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above issue raises when a corporate have Multiple Depots with single manufacturing plant where business decided to sell finished goods directly from individual depot only.

To map, Stock transfer order is only one option for transferring goods from manufacturing plant being in one state to multiple depots available in other states.

Do regular simulations process for assigning plant to vendor master and having naming combination of one vendor, one customer with one receiving plant & one supplying plant and finally answer within you!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Shipping Data for a Material always has to be maintained for the Supplying Plant. If there is a round about purchase where you buy and sell through STO's to the same plant then you will need the same data available for both the plants.

Here is the link for prerequisites in STO with billing:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/43/81e107c4637104e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

/Manoj