cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2ECC system connection to 1 SNC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a requirement to connect 2 ECC systems(they are in same region and data is same)  to one SNC box, i would like to know the Pros & Cons.

If anyone worked with this kind of requirement,please share your experience.

The requirement is to connect ECC support and ECC Project system to one SNC Project system.

Quick reply is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vasu,

We need to understand few important aspects of the SNC setup you have.

Master Data, CIF, BP assignments, are few I can thing immediately.

Evaluate on the following lines:

1. is your SNC Setup on a single instance or a Plug in with the SCM 7.0 - APO system.

Technically, if you have SNC a stand alone, then the PI system should handle the XML flow between the 2 ECC systems.

Master Data , and transaction Data handling possible but you cannot  implement few scenario that have dependency with APO data.

2. If its a plug-in with APO then also, you need to pay  attention in setting up, master day and configuration to take care of the scenario.

I would not think about Pro and Cons since the SAP SCM system is principle developed to absorb Data from ECC and non ECC system.

Please get to the White Board to decide on what SNC scenarios you plan to implement.

I can only say feasibility exist from my understanding.  I would love to see how the progress is..

Hope this helps,

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MJ,

My case comes under your 2nd point, i am curious to know the issues we may face if we go in this way, added to this we have gone live with Project landscape and now client likes to add this Developement system from Support landscape to reduce the cost of new box.

Now the challenge is to ensure the existing design/config(as its tested) and add this new system in line. I know it needs lot of precaution on data and config changes, but adding a system after going live is risky so looking for all issue areas.

Thanks,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I am rather trying to provide thoughts on how to make this work. I believe in trying after documents the concept with client principle approval.  Scenario that is considered is important.

to understand better, is it correct if I say you already have  a Production SNC box which is a plugin on a Production SCM7.0 and PI 7.X connected to a ECC1 production system. What scenario is implemented ?. ( PO Collaboration, Release Processing etc).

If you plan to use ECC2 system for same scenarios ?. Then again, look @ how we can have clarity in separating the Data in the APO system ( location, Products, T-lane, Means of Transport, Supplier).  Visualize from Customer and Supplier view point.

under config check if you are using configs that can be modified to separate ECC1 and ECC2 data by using different Customer Partner for ECC1 and ECC2.

Separate RFC destitaion

You need to finalize Scenario, Strategy to separate Data.

Thx

MJ

Answers (0)