cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore DTD in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a File-To-WebService scenario, XI pulls the XML file through File Adapter to transfrom and submit to Web Service.

The sender XML file has DTD ref in it which XI mapping is adbonding since the DTD file is not available at the time of mapping.

<b>XML File:</b>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE Orders SYSTEM "OrdersVali.dtd">

Can you let me know the way to ignore the DTD ref in XI graphical mapping.

Thanks

Srini Sandaka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if you write Java/ABAP Mapping instead of Graphical Mapping?

If you don't parse the XML in the mapping program, it shouldn't bother about the DTD Ref.

Regards,

Puloma.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it myself

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

like Puloma mentioned use a ABAP or Java mapping, where you control parsing. For example ABAP.

FM ECATT_CONV_XSTRING_TO_STRING to convert input to string and ECATT_CONV_STRING_TO_XSTRING for convert string to output. In the middle avoid time intensive parsing, just use ABAP REPLACE to fix the bug.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

There is an SAP note for this <b>812966</b>, we can strip off the DTD ref through Java mapping then continue with graphical/other mapping programming. We have to specify the multiple mapping programs in interface mapping.

ABAP mapping is a single mapping program which ignores the DTD ref.

Thanks

Srini Sandaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can try removing this xml tag from the source XML by writing a module processor and add it to the file adapter CC. This way you avoid the xml tag in mapping.

Regards

Saravana