Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy Inbound Synchronous - issue

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I'm trying to invoke ABAP Inbound synchronous proxy from PI, but I'm not getting any data except the root node. If I test with the same set of request using SPROXY - TEST Mode , I'm getting the correct response with the nodes populated. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I have written the ABAP proxy code (probably that's the issue ) don't know if I have written the code in the correct implementaion method. I believe that's not an issue because it's working in test mode.

I apologize if my question is completely absurd. Wondering if this has something to do with my Proxy settings or authorization. I'm cluless at this point.

Any help is highly appreciated.

BTW - PI version in 7.1 and Web AS version > 6.40

Thanks,

~J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, it's working fine. The ABAP proxy is running a report, it seems like the user I had it initially didn't had enough authorization to get the value. That's why it was blank. My security team fixed the user id by assigning the necessary roles.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Regards,

~Justin.    

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

check in SXMB_MONI of SAP system

- if request values are in place like wished

- if response looks like expected

Do you use a request Message Mapping? This would actually ensure a valid request. If not, you may have requested with not valid xml, the proxy runtime would create some **** of the request, so may be the reason for an empty response. If you suspect that then validate the request (e.g. with a dummy Message Mapping request to request, load xml to source type, any wrong value would be read).

Regards,

Udo

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I'm not using any mapping program for this particular step. Let me explain what I'm doing - from BPM I'm sending Synchronous Interface to SAP and get the response back in the BPM.

The only catch here is:

• The BPM is sending Abstract Synchronous
  • Since we can't generate proxies for Abstract interfaces , I have created Inbound Synchronous interface and implemented the proxy.
  • In order to conver the Abstract interface (BPM) to Inbound interface(receiving app system) I didn't use any mapping (we don't have to , as the structures are not really changing).

I have also copied the same request that is coming from PI and executed it in the Test mode

(SPROXY) and I'm getting the exact result.

Thanks,

Justin.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

what about MONI in SAP? - same as in PI MONI?

Regards,

Udo

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Yes, both looks exactly the same.

Thanks,

Justin.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Tell us wich steps are you follow for the inbound proxy.

Have you checked this example http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Step-by-step+FTP+to+ABAP+Proxy?     (for the inbound proxy only, of course)

Regards

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

regenarate proxy and try

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tried it , but no luck....