cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find Java Executable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do a New Install on Windows 2003 SP1 server. I am getting the errors everytime " Could not find Java Executable". I am struggling from last few days but no solutions. I did search the forums but no luck.

I am at the screen where it is looking for JDK path. I can run the SAPinst.exe through the GUI and Installed Java JRE 1.4.2.13 and define the environment variable JAVA_HOME to the path of the path of the JRE installed( c:\program files\java\bin) but everytime it come back with the error of Java executbale could not be found. Can someone guide me to the right path? Can seomeone provide some kind of the documentation ? The SAP documentation does not provide any detail information.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sapna,

I don't think the JRE is enough to install. Try downloading the full SDK from java.sun.com. Installed on my machine it installed in C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12. Change the JAVA_HOME path to wherever it installs and try the SAP install again.

Good Luck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Sapna,

you probably havn't found any documantation on the SAP side as this is a Java issue.

please verify the following:

1. check JAVA_HOME not just for the user that execute sapint but for the users that you provide him (the instalation program swutch between other users) make sure the java_home is identical and correct for all (if need be that uninstall and reinstall the java).

2. like mentioned before I alway recomand to use the JDK and not the JRE.

3. check that you have no older or previous java version.

Good luck !

Uri Lifshitz.