cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required in Load Runner 11 configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new to load Runner tool and I am on the way of installation and implementation of Load Runner 11 through which I wanted to check the load testing and relevant performance testing of different application like SAP servers (AIX , Windows based), Citrix , Mail server etc.

I have downloaded installation guide from SAP portal , but having confusion in implementation like :-

1. How many systems/servers should be required for configuring Load Runner Analyzer, Controller, V User and VGen ?

2. How the scenario will be (like server A will contain "Load Runner Analyzer, Controller, V User", server B will contain "VGEN" and application servers like CITRIX, SAP servers will conatin corresponding AGENTS ) ?

3. How we can test (from which server/platform) ?

4. V Scripts are auto generated or we need to create manually by writing commands ?

5. Please provide configuration document (with screen shots or scenario details) .

Regards,

Nilutpal

+91 9766897144

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

Load Runner is not an SAP product, but HP product which is in re-sale.

Load Runner supports multiple protocols and UI simulations to fit the needs of any software under test.

From my experience: Load Runner pieces( its agents , controller, analysis, etc.) should be never located on same server/hardware as the products which you like to test . Those are 2 independent systems and in between should be network (LAN, WAN) which correctly reflects the landscape of the customer (the productive conditions).

Depending on which scenarios you would like to test you have to choose either Web VUser, or SAP GUI Vuser, or Java VUser and so on...

With most of the VUser types the click and script functionality is supported, which means that you do not need to write the script but it is generated. Anyway, even when the script is generated you need to adjust it further for parameterization of your UI input parameters to get to a realistic testing.

I propose that you look into forums, e.g.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Forum/bd-p/sws-LoadRunner_SF

which are related to Load Runner specific topics and post further quesitons there to be answered by the HP Load Runner experts.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (0)