Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to JDBC scenario with attachments - File name query

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where sales order data along with attachments will be sent from SAP ECC through a ABAP Proxy to XI. XI will send the main payload to the Oracle DB using a JDBC adapter. For the attachments, XI is using Payloadswapbean module to drop the files into FTP.

I have the following queries:

1. In XI we can use only a constant name in file name schema, right?.. for example "Attachment.PDF"

2. For example, consider the Proxy is sending the file name as "SO234_Attachment". Will XI change the name of this file to "Attachment.PDF" or will it drop the file as "SO234_Attachment" itself?

Please provide your inputs on this.

Regards,

Lavanya R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

At first of all i don't test it, i only give you ideas to test.

You could follow this francesco's blog http://scn.sap.com/people/francesco.bersani/blog/2007/03/27/rename-attachment-adapter-module

- Param.NewAttachmentName : is the new mime type we want to assign to the attachment. (OPTIONAL)

Possible values:

- %f -> can be used only for file/FTP adapter, and is the File Name picked up by the communicational channel.

From the communication channel you could use the Variable substitution to take the name, for example from the PI payload.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

1. In XI we can use only a constant name in file name schema, right?.. for example "Attachment.PDF"

It's not like that.  You can change the file name if you require using variable substituton

2. For example, consider the Proxy is sending the file name as "SO234_Attachment". Will XI change the name of this file to "Attachment.PDF" or will it drop the file as "SO234_Attachment" itself?

As suggested use the above link if you want to convert the name.

Thanks,

Satish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

In the Blog, example of an Sender File is given. In my case it will be a Sender Proxy. So will i be able to use the %f for the sender proxy ?