cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change message QB301 from error to warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

How do I change message QB301 to a warning message.

QB301 =  "Vendor's/manufacturer's QM system only valid to 04/30/2010"

My user requirement is to maintain the Required QM System for Vendor/Target QM system (MARC-QSSYS) for the material and in the quality inforecord maintain this with a validity date.

However it is a requirement to only receive a warning during PO creation if the QM system is not within validity date. Standard SAP issues message QB301 as an error.

I have tried to add this message to OMT4 in Purchasing, but this particular message is not allowed here.

For QM control key (0005 maintained in material master) the setting is set to Warning, but this does not affect message QB301.....

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Judith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello judith,

This can be done by making appropriate entries in the table T100C. Please check the below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Message+Control+-+SAP+Customizable+Messages.

Thanks ,

Karthik

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

It's genuine business requirement to make this error message as Warning during PO creation...

For this I believe you can make use of BAdI- QB_QM_SYSTEM_COMPARE.

This BAdI will called up in PO to verify Vendor QM system... in this BAdI, put your own code in such a way that it should influence the check of Target QM system validity. Take help from ABAP for this.

Hope this should resolve your issue.

Regards,

Anup

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion.. it can be changed by enhancement only.

Please check the enhancement spot into program "MM06EFQM" and "FORM qm_check_qssys".

I recommend you check this with consultant & ABAPer.

Regards, DoWook KIM