cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Currently I am working on a project in which we are migrating the application from 7.0 to 7.3 . We have configured the complete sld and working with NWDI . I imported the track and created the project. I am able to build at dc level , but when I am activating the activities from activation view I am getting following error .

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

Error! The following problem(s) occurred  during request processing:

Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component <componentname -- moderated due to customer request> variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component  <componentname -- moderated due to customer request> variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

Error! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component  <componentname -- moderated due to customer request> variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2012-10-03 11:08:21.248 GMT and took 1 s 828 ms

When I am checking I am getting the same error for almost my dcs.

Please help.

Thanks,

Himani

Message was edited by: Ervin Szolke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it would be useful to see the build log of the DCs marked broken in the above trace.

This guide will help you how to find the logs:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CBS%29+the+CBS-make+log+and-or+CBS+Web+UI+...

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your response.

I checked the log from CBS webui as you suggested. And I found that my dc which I am activating having compile state as red rows as shown in pic I am working on dc  <DC name-- moderated due to customer request> and it is coming as red. I don't why its coming as red because I am able to build it successfully .  Please suggest how to proceed .

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saxena,

very good, you pointed out the DC on this picture we are interested of. It is broken by itself because it can't even be compiled. Regarding the others their compile state can't even be determined because they are depending on other DCs which cannot be compiled.

In short: it seems you managed to locate the DC we are interested of. Now click on the DC name you have also highlighted on the screenshot, and on the next screen you will see two links on the right hand side. I am interested of the build log.

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks again for your very quick response. Please find the below shown Request and Build log respectively .

Request Log :

Build number assigned: 147772

Change request state from QUEUED to PROCESSING

REQUEST PROCESSING started at 2012-09-13 14:11:20.654 GMT

<moderated due to customer request>

Preparing data context..

com.sap.tc.buildplugin.util.BuildPluginException: JDK home path 'C:\SAP' for key 'JDK1.6.0_HOME' is not a valid directory.

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.JavaMacroContextProvider.setupJavaCompiler(JavaMacroContextProvider.java:238)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.JavaMacroContextProvider.setupJavaEnvironment(JavaMacroContextProvider.java:162)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.JavaMacroContextProvider.execute(JavaMacroContextProvider.java:30)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.prepareTechnologySpecificData(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:183)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.setupBuildFileCreatorContext(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:96)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.PrepareContextBuildStep.execute(PrepareContextBuildStep.java:57)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.processSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:235)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:174)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:165)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:403)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxyMake.make(DCProxyMake.java:276)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1459)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1428)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.build(CBSBuildController.java:717)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.execCommand(CBSBuildController.java:482)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.evalCmdLine(CBSBuildController.java:401)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.run(CBSBuildController.java:278)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.mainLoop(CBSBuildController.java:187)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.main(CBSBuildController.java:143)

Build stopped due to an error: JDK home path 'C:\SAP' for key 'JDK1.6.0_HOME' is not a valid directory.

Build plugin finished at 2012-09-13 15:11:31 GMT+01:00 (BST)

Total build plugin runtime: 1.281 seconds

Build finished with ERROR

I hope it will help .

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Saxena,
the problem will be this most likely:
com.sap.tc.buildplugin.util.BuildPluginException:
JDK home path 'C:\SAP' for key 'JDK1.6.0_HOME' is not a valid directory.
Please go to the CBS Service settings, and check the parameter JDK_HOME_PATHS which will most likely looks similarly: JDK1.6.0_HOME=C:\SAP
I ask you to locate your JDK1.6 on the filesystem, and look for the file javac.exe.
It will reside in the <location of your JDK1.6>\bin.
Now change the parameter this way:  JDK1.6.0_HOME=<location of your JDK1.6>
and restart the CBS service, then I believe your build will work and the broken DC problem should be resolved. It is possible you will face other broken DCs, but this one will disappear if I am right.
See also this thread if you have further questions on the CBS Service settings:
How to deal with JDK versions -- http://scn.sap.com/thread/2079515
This section sheds some light on this that starts like:
Now where are the CBS Settings?
If it is about a 700 NWDI, then ...
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Ervin
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Sorry to ask this question but I did not get CBS service setting, Can you please explain how to do this settings , means Do I have to do this setting at my NWDS level or at server level as we checked for CBS Webgui.

Thanks,

Himani

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himani,

find all details in my other forum discussion about the CBS Service settings:

How to deal with JDK versions -- http://scn.sap.com/thread/2079515

In this forum discussion look for the section

Now where are the CBS Settings?

If it is about a 700 NWDI, then ...

This tells you how to do it (you do this on server side on the j2ee engine in Visual Admin (if your NWDI resides on 700) or in NWA (if your NWDI release is higher). If you have still questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thank you so much explaining the concept in so much of detail. I checked the settings at CMS level and the parameter is there as default. For CBS build properties I will have to go to NWA part on which I dont have authorization . I'll check with my basis team and will come back to you again.

Regards,

Himani

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himani,

ok, sounds good, keep me posted.

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Actually I am able to activate some of the components without any error. It means there is nothing wrong with the jdk . The build log i posted which shows error about the jdk is old one dated as 13 sept 2012. It means for the dcs activation is not successful its is showing build log from some cache and for the component which are successfully activated build log is having present date . I don't know why in the CBI Guispace its not giving the correct build log for the dcs whom activation is not successful . 

Also I have one more question If we are first time creating the local project in our NWDI , it should create a default activity , shouldn't it ? but when I am checking in open activities view it is coming as blank. Until and unless I am not editing any java file it is not creating the activity .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Any how I have changed the status of the CBS. Please check the below shown status. Yesterday common dc has some red columns but today these are coming as green can you please suggest what to do for make other green.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himani,

in order to find out why that one is red, I need you to do the same like last time.

Click on the DC name in the same highlighted line, and from the next screen send the build log.

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I checked the log files and from where I came to know that there was some build dependency issues, I resolved it .

Thanks Again for your detailed help . I need one more favor Can you please delete this thread as a Moderator because I posted my logs and images which contain my user id and system information which is BCG Violation .

Regards,

Himani

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Himani,

I don't want to delete this thread as it may be useful for someone in future, but I have moderated an deleted all company related data, pictures and conversations.

Best Regards,

Ervin (moderator)

Answers (0)