cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA dropdown does not work on iOS (iPhone/iPad)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I wanted to use a simple dropdown UI element on iPad and it does not work. I cannot select anything from the list. It is less an issue that the iOS native dropdown is not picked up, it would be ok with normal desktop like behaviour.

I tested WDA with direct URL, not in Portal.

eg /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/demo_selopt_dropdown?sap-language=EN

Tried on iPad2 with Safari/iOS 5.1 and 6.0 and on SAP NW Abap 702/SP11.

(Safari desktop 5.1 is officially supported from 702/SP10)

I have tested standard ESS Leave Request EHP5/WDA also, same problem.

Otherwise WDA renders pretty well on iPad.

Btw if I turn off WDLIGHTSPEED then the render becomes very bad but the dropdown works.

Could anyone help?

I have already found:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2012/08/08/sap-browser-support-essmss--firefox-ch...

which stated HR ESS work well on 702/11 and iPad.

And also:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1384590

Any solution would be appreciated (including manual JS replacement/fix on WAS). WDA is almost perfect on iPad, I really hope this small but important issue will be solved by SAP soon.

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shivesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Tamas,

Drop Down will not work on iPhone/iPad. U can use Previous Button & Next Button for selections, which will work on the above mentioned device.

Regard's,

Shivesh Ranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. It is rather disappointing though. It means that ESS/MSS will not work on iPad. Otherwise WDA version 702/11 renders very well on iPad Safari. Even more strange that it works with the old render, with WDLIGHTSPEED off.

Any idea for the javascript location which handles the dropdown?

I remember long ago SAP suggested to replace the JS on the JAS for simple dateselector (it had a bug)..

Regards,

Tamas