cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius 2008 connectivity to SAP Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to build dashboard in Xcelsius 2008 with SAP Solution Manager (solman) as a datasource.

But for that, I have to make BeX Query on solman's standard cubes. But SAP Netweaver is not installed on my PC and I haven't had any license for SAP Netwever System. I have enterprise version of Xcelsius 2008.

1) Is there any direct connectivity available from solman to BI/BW?

2) Are there any other approaches available to make dashboard in Xcelsius 2008 with solman?

Any reply highly appreciated. I need this information urgently.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Niket

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you can driectly connect, just from the menu SAP , choose your solution manger system.

more over solman has its own bi content,

you can use the either of the existing query or write your own query using multiproviders.

the place i always refer for bi

if you are a beginner start with http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10ad2489-8956-2d10-f8ab-ed4cce...

Please check out.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi...!!

I have built one query on one of the cube of Solman. Then I have used that query in a Netweaver BW connection of Xcelsius. But I am getting 2032 error while importing that query in Xcelsius.

I have referred many notes like 1408384, 1408354, etc. But I am not able to understand the notes.

In solman, Portal is not available, but Java Stack Solution Manager is available. So is there any other option to run dashboard without portal?

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Niket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

is there a way in solman where i can find for all dashboards available in solman, which queries/badi/content are acting as source

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any response

MAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have got offical message from SAP:

The internal BW from SOLMAN cannot be integrated to Xcelsius (using the

Netweaver BW connection) because that does not attend to the requisites.

Please check Note 1400236.

Xcelsius needs to have both ABAP and Java to be able to

retrieve data with the BICS Remote Web Service.

You can use only External Interface Connection.

And be careful. SOLMAN supports only Xceslisu 2008. Later version stupidly renamed to Bussines Objects Dashboards 4.x SOLMAN doesn't support.

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

thanks for your reply, So you mean I connect xcelsius(2008) to Solman BW and create dashboards?

if yes , can you please share docs on the same please

MAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thing, its not true connection. Its only simulation reading of BW query. You have to prepare same table in Xcelsius in excel like BW query.

There is example scorecard with two system and one metric form technical monitoring.

In transaction RSRT or in BEX Analyzer you can control form of bw query.

Only education materials are in SAP Library http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/fb/0856308e2546469d8a4daf171f28fc/content.htm, but without pictures and  difficult to understand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You can register your own apps in the dashboard framework of Solution Manager 7.1.

The registration is performed using a Web Dynpro application called dashboard_apploader.

The possible data sources are:

Data from BW Query
Data from BAdI
Data from Dashboard Context