cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade problem Netweaver BW 7.0 ehp2 Upgrade to 7.3 java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading nw BW 7.0 ehp2 java to 7.3 our platform is windows 2008 R2 x64 and oracle 11.2G.

We have an error on the phase of DETERMINE_APPLICATION phase..

An error has occurred during the execution of the DETERMINE_APPLICATION phase.

This upgrade don't support upgrade of the sap.com/CRM/7.0 source products combination.

You can find more information in the log file C:\usr\sap\BJ1\upg\java\log\DETERMINE_APPLICATION_DAP_01.LOG.

key words:

com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeDetectApplications com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.check.NegativeResultException

This upgrade don't support upgrade of the sap.com/CRM/7.0 source products combination. DETERMINE_APPLICATION

INIT

PREPARE

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

How can I continue with this upgrade, Can I use another tool for this opgrade, I did used SUM but SUM isnot supported for NW 7.0.

Any idea?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You seem to have a dual stack system (ABAP + Java).

It looks like you have a CRM component in your system. You will need to identify it, then you can decide what to do next. If you are lucky then you only have a component flagged as relevant in your solman.

I strongly suggest you also open a OSS support message.

I had a case where ERP components were deployed in the Portal. The solution was to split the dual stack installation and undeploy the ERP components. Luckily we don't needed them, they were installed by "SAP-induced-complexity".

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply,

We have a  dual stack Multiple Components in on Database(MCOD)  of bw 7.0 ehp2 on OS 2003 windows ora 10.

We want upgrade it to 7.3 on win 2008r2 by import/export. I tried to split it to java and abap. Should I undeploy thsi busniss packages and continue? Or instal MCOD installation again?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Should I undeploy this busniss packages?

Do you have the CRM business package deployed? If yes AND you don't need it, then yes you should try to undeploy it.

And as far as i know will have to upgrade to Oracle 11g before you do the SAP update. But this does not have a relation to your actual problem.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have undeply CRM business packages by SDM, But I still get the same error. Is it some thing elles should I remove too,

I have adde a zip file, remove .txt.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid you might need to regenerate the xml file in solman and also restart the upgrade. Check the xml file for the component and make sure that solman SMSY does not have CRM information left.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos
I find this crm object on xml file:
</software-feature><software-component-entry><caption>BP CRM FOUNDATION CODING 7.0</caption><name>CRMFND</name><version>700</version><vendor>sap.com</vendor><ppms-number>01200314690200008097</ppms-number><sp-level>10</sp-level><patch-level>0</patch-level><runtime-type>J2EE</runtime-type></software-component-entry><software-component-entry><caption>BP CRM APPLICATION CONTENT 7.0</caption><name>BPCRMAPP</name><version>700</version><vendor>sap.com</vendor><ppms-number>01200314690200008259</ppms-number><sp-level>10</sp-level><patch-level>0</patch-level><runtime-type>J2EE</runtime-type>
My problem is I have not yet registret this installation on solman. This installation is a import copy of oures orginal bw installtion that is registretet on solman. I download the packages from solman and rename server name on xml file, If I get a new xml file it will be the same.
Can I remove this par from xml file, I will add xml fil as a zip file.
Thanks
Former Member
0 Kudos

Both ways are possible, the official way is to use solman for the xml file though. But you can of course take the shortcut and edit it manually if you know what you are doing.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks again, I did  take the shortcut and edit it manually and I am on checks phase, I have this manual Action:

The temporary tablespace is lacking free space. The expected amount of

space is 2048 MB, but only 1260 MB are available. Make sure that you

extend it to the needed size.

This is a java installation, should I use brtools and extend the the Temproary tablespace?

I am not quit sure about this.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did change value of table space by using BRTOOLS,

Thanks

Answers (0)