cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of multiple ECC's from the same ECC box to a single SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a requirement from the client to integrate two different ECC clients that are from the same ECC box to one single SRM client. Is this possible.

I know that we can integrate multiple ECC's to a single SRM client. But client within same ECC box, I am not sure.

Kindly let me know the pro's and con's for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhakti Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is possible. We can connect the same SAP ECC with two clients with SRM system.

For example:

If we have ECC production system named PCD catering 2 regions within the Country with 2 clients SAPPCD011 and SAPPCD311.

SAPPCD311 caters to China for example and SAPPCD011 caters to Taiwan in which both comes under Country China and within same ECC box PCD

However, you need to perform all the necessary configurations & replications for both the systems separately & Independently.

Thanks.

From RBEI,

Snehalkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Thanks for the reply. If this is a possible scenario, is there something that I need to be cautious about. Or any there any points in particular that you can guide me with.

Regards,

Bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

Please let us know , which scenario you have in your organization.

There is no cautious are required when you do the set up.

Complete logical system related settings in SRM and below few are for example.

1.Technical basic settings > Define system landsacpe

2. Techinical basic settings > Define back end system for Product category.

3.Maintain the ALE Idoc settings.

4.Cross application settings > Text mapping

5. Create one RFC user id in SRM for each logical system.

In EPR:

1..Create RFC user id's (1- follow on document and 2-Search help) in both back end systems.

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

We are using Extended Classic scenario. I believe master data integration and vendor replication could be pain areas in this case.

Kindly suggest what other pain areas could you foresee.

Thanks,

Bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhakti,

That means will you use the same number range in both systems for your master data's (Vendor master data). if am i right use transaction BBP_UPDATE_MAPPING can

be useful, because once vendors have been replicated, they do not need to be

replicated again from other back ends if their numbers are equal (top area).

Apart from this could be some problem if you want create follow on document in both systems by same user id shopping carts.

Regards,

Naga.