Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to RFC Requirement

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario like JDBC -> RFC ( Asynchronous or Synchronous). I have to read data (record) from a particular table from database ( SQL server). For this process we wanted to use poll interval concept i.e, for every time interval period CC channel polls the database for searching the new records. Once record is picked by CC the record status field will have been changed. But Customer used to refuse Poll interval concept to decrease number hits for the database.

Customer wants only, whenever a new record comes to SQL SERVER table, immediately PI CC have to pick the same record. Customer wants to avoid Poll interval concept. Is there any way to do such requirement?? I found External Control On tab at CC Monitoring page. Can we do by using this tab? If so, How it is?

Great Thanks,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JDBC adapter only supports poll based mechanism.

In case the customer wants to make it a trigger based, then the DB team can invoke a HTTP or SOAP call into PI. But this is going to be a complex work around.

Any reason as to why the customer wants to avoid polling?

We have interfaces that poll the DB every second which has been working fine in production for years

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

I dont know the reason to avoid polling. I explained to Customer how PI fetch data from SQL server. They refused Polling concept and asked for whenever new record comes to database, PI automatically picks the same record.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

whenever new record comes to database, PI automatically picks the same record

That is definitivly not possible in that way the customer likes to have.

If PI is the actor (triggering a message) then PI has to poll! How should PI get noticed from a new record if PI does not access?

If the DB is the actor then the DB has to send a message (via http or soap..). Obviously more work (for the customer), less standard and putting an integration task to a DB. In addition no advantage detectable.

Regards,

Udo

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Customer wants event trigger based mechanism. Not Poll based mechanism. Any help would be appreciated.....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

With out using STATUS field in SQL table and update the same field after fetching the record, Cant we stop reading the record for the 2nd time?? By using <test> in Update Query CC picks all records for many times.....

If there is any possibility plz let me know?

Thanks

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

With out using STATUS field in SQL table and update the same field after fetching the record, Cant we stop reading the record for the 2nd time??

With the standard sender jdbc, as far as i know the adapter need to read this status field to know if there is any change doing a poll, i think it isn't possible with only the sender jdbc  adapter.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

This forum is not the best for SQL Server doubts, it's better to search documentation in Microsoft's documentarion & forums.

In other way, you have here:

1. How to do an event trigger:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/thread/44163fee-608b-40a8-b3f8-e8ddbc134...

2. How to do a SOAP call:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187557%28v=sql.90%29.aspx

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

As far as i know if you don't want to use the sender JDBC polling one way is that the sender system call the PI, they could develop a database trigger or stored procedure that makes a call to PI with SOAP protocol for example.

I found External Control On tab at CC Monitoring page. Can we do by using this tab? If so, How it is?

With this you can activate or deactivate manually the channel, you can put its start manually or automatically but i think this cant help you with your requeriment.

Regards.

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

SQL server is backend for .NET. They save data in SQL server database. PI picks the same and give it to the R3. Any other way we have plz suggest?