Readiness Check for PI 7.31/PO
SAP Note 817920 is where I go to run sanity checks on newly setup PI system for the various versions. However, it seems that there is no readiness check for PI 7.31, AEX. If the PI 7.3 Readiness Check still valid for PI 7.31/PO, especially for Java-only installs?
Jocelyn Dart replied
Ok... the NetWeaver Administrator checks mentioned for PI 7.3 should still be good for PI 7.31. However you are correct in that there are a number of checks mentioned that are only relevant for the dual stack and not the single stack. Also there are a number of checks that need to be added to check BPM rather than ccBPM.
I'd recommend you raise a message referring to the SAP Note above and asking for the equivalent checks, because I have yet to come across such a document, but it may be that someone is already working on it.
You will also need a SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio to complete your checks e.g. to check the iFlow Designer connection and BPMN process models.
Some of the additional areas to check for BPM in the NetWeaver Administrator include:
* The BPM configuration wizard has been performed at least once (or equivalent settings made)
* The BPM Availability overview
* The Process Repository and Start Process functions
* In the Operations section the Manage Processes and Manage Tasks applications
* The Business Logs and Business Rules Logs
* In Identity Management, the Business Rules Access Management tab - as this is how access to rules content is granted
* In the Portal the UWL configuration (assuming you are using the UWL as your inbox of course)
The simplest way to test BPM is really working correctly is going to be to create some simple one-step processes (e.g. a one-step human process, a one-step automated process, a one-step notification process etc.) in the NWDS then deploy and run them. This also gives you the opportunity ro resolve any security/permissions issues so you are clear on what needs to be assigned to background and dialog users.