cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET Connector proxies ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on integration of .NET Connector as a server to the SAP system. Whenever someone creates some transactional data on a .NET Application on logacy side, the BAPI from SAP in real time pulls the data in SAP.

Now while going through the .NET Connector documentation, I found something like .NET Connector proxies ?

Whats is .NET Connector proxies ? I am not able to underatnd this term from functional as well as from technical side since I am ABAPer.

Please help..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the release of your SAP System ?

Is it based on a Web or NetWeaver Application Server ?

In this case you can also develop a ASP.NET Web Service on .NET side that can be called from SAP.

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

My SAP_Basis release is 620....

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maybe this blog will help you ?

Best regards,

André

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you have all the connector installed it integrates into Visual Studio 2003.

A proxy is "Software agent that performs a function or operation on behalf of another application or system while hiding the details involved". A Sap proxy is some .NET code that .Net developers will understand that connects to the sap system.

The Connector once installed gives you the ability to create these Proxy classes. You create a blank proxy class then Drag onto it the BAPI/Function call you want to expose from Sap into .NET. The Connector code will then generate all the code required to acheive this, this gives strongly types structures and methods for you the .NET coder to call.

Once generated your .Net code can just create your newly generated SAP Connector Code and call the GetVendors method.

0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

the SAP Connector.NET proxy is the client for an SAP system. Have you success with the implementation of your .NET-Server for RFC ? Please let me know I have some questions.

Regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

.NET Connector proxies are not related to ABAP Side. It is more relavent to the .NET. The .NET Connector proxies are created in the .NET Side for accessing the RFCs in the ABAP Side.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B