cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS Certification Queiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working as a PS consultant from one year & I am taking up the SAP PS certification this month end & have got following quires regarding this, Please help me out.

1. There are two courses offered for PS at associate level ie.. C_TPLM22_64 (EHP4) & C_TPLM22_60. Will there be major difference in the questions we can expect in this? Which is the better one to select?
  2. The study material I am following is PLM 200,210,220,230 & 240. I am not refering PLM235 as it is not given in SAP site. is it ok to leave it or I should study PLM 235 also.
  3. The study material I am following is all of year 2005, can I follow the same or is there any latest material available which is more updated.

If anyone has done the certification recently, Please share your valuable suggestions which could help me out. 

Thanks & Regards

Reshma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Good to know that you are appearing for the Certification.

My answer to you would be to refer the current study material i.e. the PLM series. It is more than enough. You can drop PLM 235 as there are no questions asked on the same. However, go through it once. It will be helpful.

As far as the courses are concerned select the one that has the latest SAP version. I think it is ECC 6.0 EhP4 or EhP5. Not sure about that. If possible go through the release notes for EhP5 so that you are aware about the new functionalities provided in this release. Most of the questions would be from the study material you are referring, so study them thoroughly.

All the Best.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gokul,

As I said I am following the same material which I have, it is of year 2003 & 2005. still little hesiitant about the proceedings, if there are many changes in the latest versions then I may nt be albe to ans if questions from those areas appear in exam. I tried searching on google for the latest material, but could,nt find it. can u please share the link if u know from where I can get the material. Also is there any way by which we can pay & get the latest material, I am ready for that option also.

Regards

Reshma

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Please check the certification details at below link:

https://training.sap.com/gb/en/certification/

C_TPLM22_64 (EHP4) has following topics:

https://training.sap.com/us/en/certification/c_tplm22_64-sap-certified-application-associate-project...

C_TPLM22_60 has following topics:

https://training.sap.com/gb/en/certification/c_tplm22_60-sap-certified-application-associate-project...

You can choose according to your comfort level of the syllabus. Please ensure that you go through all the materials as per the above links. I would suggest you should go through them at least 5 times, very religiously. You cannot afford to leave certain materials / chapters. You must go through all the materials, as you do not know from which chapter the questions are coming. You cannot take chances, as the high money element involved in your certification fee.

If you do not have latest materials, there is no other way, follow the materials available. Prefer to have primary materials, otherwise try with alternative materials. There should not be major difference between these versions, could be some cosmetic changes.

Hope you will find the following thread useful in your preparation.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for sharing the info in such a detailed manner. I went thru the thread u have posted, its really amazing, I suggest every one who is planning to take up the certification must go thru it, its gives a nice idea about how to crack the test.

Warm regards

Reshma

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Thanks very much. Good to know you appreciated.

The following blogs may be handy in your certification or SAP career.

All the best.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. Please let me know, As I said the study material I am referring is of year 2005 & I think it is of ECC 4.7 version, If I am taking up certification in ECC.6.0 or ECC6.0 EHP4, will there be many changes in the newer version which is not covered in ECC4.7. If so, please suggest from where can I get the latest material with all the updates for reference.

Thanks & Regards

Reshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

There is one way to find out what is the different in fuctionalities in PS in ECC 6.0 as compared to ECC 4.7 ( This is used generally in case of Upgrade proects).

You can refer link mentioned below.

http://solutionbrowser.erp.sap.fmpmedia.com

In application enter SAP ERP.In source release version enter source version and in Target release version, enter Target version.

In key Capabilities/ Application Area tab, enter area as " Operations : Cross functions"

In Key Functional Area, enter as" Project and Portfolio Management"

Once you do this, you will see different areas in Project and Portfolio Management.

Check relevant areas pertaining to Project system and see if it can help you.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Pl check the link https://training.sap.com/in/en/certification/c_tplm22_64-sap-certified-application-associate-project... for topic area and sample questions.

All the best.

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Below are my inputs on your querry.

1. I think it is better to select latest one.

2. I think there are not much of the questions coming from PLM 235. So you can ignore if you don't

have time to go through it.

3. I don't think there is any change in the material as compared to year 2005. But still you can get it

confirmed from SAP.

Regards

Tushar

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Same query I have raised with SAP education, as I am going for C_TPLM22_64 (EHP4) and they have confirmed PL235 (PLM235_Project_Controlling_with_Work_Breakdown_Structures)  is also important

as other study materials viz., PLM200/PLM210/PLM220/PLM230/PLM240.

All the best