cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

When I CIF an ECC production version, the PDS is having both the set up and the produce activity, each with fixed duration of one day.

As a result, SNP heuristic is scheduling planned orders for the product  over two days. With the product's  PPM, I do not have this issue since PPM only has the produce activity.

In order to switch from PPMs to PDSs, would we have to use CIF exits to make sure PDSs reflect our planning needs - is this programming-based approach common ? Are there other similar issues I need to take care of in generating a suitable PDSs?

Please advise from your own experience.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we create our PDS' we create both a SNP PDS and a PPDS PDS.  The SNP only caries the Produce activity.  The PPDS has both activities.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

The PDS I created via CIF also was an SNP PDS. somehow it brought a setup activity with it - is there a special setting in your routings or CIF that's dropping the setup activity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

¿Did you  inform a scheduing formula for setup in the scheduling tab of the ECC work center?

regards,

J.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris and SA,

My SNP PDS has both set up and produce activities, too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay as I was waiting for a response.  This isn't much detail but this is what I received.

It is programming change in CIF on APO side before SNP PDS is created. This BADI can be used to make changes in SNP PDS such as changing/deleting modes/activities, checking SNP relevance of resources/components etc.

BADI – /SAPAPO/CURTO_SNP

Method – CIF_IMPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay as I was waiting for a response.  This isn't much detail but this is what I received.

It is programming change in CIF on APO side before SNP PDS is created. This BADI can be used to make changes in SNP PDS such as changing/deleting modes/activities, checking SNP relevance of resources/components etc.

BADI – /SAPAPO/CURTO_SNP

Method – CIF_IMPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

BADI – /SAPAPO/CURTO_SNP

Method – CIF_IMPORT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a known issue and there is some helpful information from SAP Note 1259563.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Tiemin