cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SAP is throwing error message with out any info? how customers will figure out?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have developed a WDA where in the Adobe Interactive Form is rendering for user filling.

After filling the data on the adobe form, user is trying to submit the form by clicking a push button, but as soon as user clicking the push butttonm we are getting the below error message,

"The entered values is not in the list of valid values"

I am aware that this issue is causing because of some drop-down field. The WDA is passing some value to some drop-down field, but its not existing in list box, but, we have tonnns (around 200) drop-down fields on the adobe form, hence how can i trace out that which drop-down field is causing this issue?

Pls. let me know

1) This message is wake, its not telling that what field is causing this error? This is weird, I cann't check each & every field (200 fields)'s behaviour, may today is 200, going further, it may be 300!

2) How to debug this? bcz, even cursor/control is not entering into WDA at all, PRIOR to that this error is throwing by SAP?

3) How to know this message class, message #, from which CLASS its generating?

3) How to get system trace for this? as we have ST05 for plain ABAP stuff?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doesn't always work - only when the application has been developed in a 'clean' way, but give it a shot:

• Go to SE11, Table T100.
  • Try finding the message that is displayed by searching for the message string. Use many wildcards cause you can't see which part of the message comes from variables.
  • If you find the message within T100, you now know the message class and message number.
  • By knowing this, you can go to transaction se91 and search the message within the message class and HERE you have the Where-Used list available which will hopefully point to the application where it is used.

If this doesn't work because it's probably hard-coded, you will have a lot of searching and debugging ahead ;-/

Click on error message on Application if u get message no. or right click on error message check for the TECHNICAL HELP and also QUICK HELP.

usually you get this kind of error data type which is mismatch means you have bind some data type to Dropdown and append with some other data type in code.

Hope this help you.

Regards

Madhukiran M.

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Kiran, nothing is worked.

Help from anybody that, from where this message is generating? The control not even entering into my WDA, prior to that this error is throwing, how to track it?

Thank you

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls?

Thank you