cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimbursing Employees in Currencies Other Than MOLGA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has a need to reimburse employee expenses in currencies other than MOLGA. We have employees living and working in countries that do not have company codes in SAP (and do not plan to) so we have them assigned to company codes that do exist in SAP but that are not of the country where they work. We want the employees to be reimbursed in the local currency of the country where they are living so to work around this we are creating a new personnel area and mapping it to force to pay in the right currency.

The issue with this approach is that the scenario is becoming more common and creating a new personnel area every time is becoming very costly and time consuming. Is there any other way to reimburse in the local currency even though the MOLGA they are assigned to is of a different currency?

Thanks, MH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa,

I think there are two things which are mixing each other..

1) Posting of Reimbursement amounts

2) Payment of Reimbursement Amounts.

1) Posting of Reimbursement amount :

You can post amounts (Advance +  Receipts) on Company code currency or Foreign currency depending on setting in table V_706D_B as per below your setting BUT following are the limitations.

Limitations:

• The hard  or foreign currency  is not used for trip expense types in expense category 'V'.

• For transfer to HR Payroll Accounting, all amounts are converted to the accounting currency of Payroll Accounting. Consequently, the hard currency can not be used for payment via Payroll Accounting.
  • Usage of credit card clearing in connection with the hard or foreign functions is currently not possible. The exchange rates supplied by credit card companies always refer to the trip currency.

• Payment via DME in connection with the hard currency functions requires additional bank details:
  • An employee's account can only be maintained in one currency. DMA needs, therefore, in addition to bank details for 'Trip expenses' or 'Main bank', a connection to which amounts in hard currency can be transferred. This connection is to be stored in infotype 0009, type HC2, Trip expenses in hard  currency.
  • Payments via DME using the foreign currency function is not possible at present.

2) Payment of Reimbursement Amounts.

It be can paid depending Cash ledger is maintained for that currency as well.. 

Posting Currency can be different with payment currency, then it would be cleared with Gain and exchange loss method (if exchange rates differs)..

I hopes it would serve your purpose..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your reply. I am aware of these options that are available from the standard SAP functionality, however, the situation I am facing is slightly different.  I am trying to find some way within standard SAP travel and expense, to pay employees that are in the same TPV in varying currencies.

For example, I have 30 employees in one TPV and 10 of them need to be paid in EUR, 10 need to be paid in UAE and 10 need to be paid in GBP. Can I achieve this with any existing SAP functionality? I am trying to determine some way to do this where it won't require a system enhancement each time.

Thank you for your time,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MH,

Sorry for late reply, my login was not working since last few weeks..

May be you have got the solution , let me add some for future reference..

In past project I had same case (paying to multiple currencies) , We have done this without any enhancement, We had maintained multiple currency ledger for example (USD , EURO, PKR (TPV company code Currency) , When we needs to pay in USD, we had post amount in USD hard currency and then clear it with USD cash Ledger and also involve Gain and exchangeable Method for currency exchange rates differences.. This had been done for advance case as well as other receipts in TPV (except PD's)

I hope it would serve the purpose.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone faced a similar scenario? I am not able to find any further information about this anywhere. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!