Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Mail body and subject change in Alerts PI7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am referring to below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3209352

I have done all the configuration to receive alerts from SAP PI to my mailbox and I am getting alert mails for errors.

I am trying to customize the email subject and Body of the mail but without success. I tried all API provided for this.

We are using SAP PI Java Stack only.

Please help me edit subject and body of the alert mail.

Regards

Vidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do that if you get the alert messages yourself and not with the mail client

then you can create any kind of e-mail messages as per my blog on API for component alerts,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for reply.

Are you suggesting not to use Java Mail Client services setup? and use Alert API directly for composing mail in wsnavigator?

As per my understanding, Java mail client is required for scheduling(Alert Job Schedule) and  sending mail to recipients. Can you please elaborate a bit about solution.

Thanks for understanding this.

Vidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Are you pointing towards making a scenario to get the alerts using Alert API's and once we get the response back, should use mail adapter to send mail to recipients with customized subject and body?

Is there no standard way to customize the alert subject and message body?

Regards

Vidhi

Message was edited by: vidhi saxena

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Is there no standard way to customize the alert subject and message body?

simple e-mail client is not the standard way - it's just a simple example showing how to consume alerts, the standard way is to use the API where you can everything

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)