cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding SAP Enterprise Search Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

there is a standard WebDynpro package for the Enterprise Search in the SAP Namespace. It is called S_ESH_UI_SEARCH_UI. On our system it can be accessed via a URL: server:port/sap/es/search?query=<insert_search_query> - this seems to be standard. When called, the search is executed and the results for the Search phrase are displayed. Now I would like to call the advanced search URL, which looks like this: server:port/sap/es/search?advanced=<X>&query=<insert_search_query>, directly with the search category in the URL (e.g. Accounts or Leads etc).  My question is now where can I find the category names or ID's? I have tried a few things, but nothing useful has turned up.

Best Regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Standard models/templates can already be assigned to categories when shipped by SAP.

You can see the category assignment in the modeler. The modeler can be started via transaction ESH_MODELER or from the cockpit.

At customer's site you can create addidional category assignments in the cockpit. The cockpit can be started via transaction ESH_COCKPIT.

You should consider to control this aspect by restricting the authorizations of the users. Within the composite role SAP_ESH_SEARCH, check the single roles SAP_ESH_SEARCH_CATEG and SAP_ESH_SEARCH_USER.

Standard documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwes73/helpdata/EN/4a/0c818179291b45e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Best regards, Klaus