cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Builder - User specific Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In CJ20N --> Settings --> Options ---->> i want to default "EDITING MODE" for all users to DISPLAY... is it possible to do this for all users on the system.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hello Jatinder,

Did you ever find a way to set the default setting (display or edit) for CJ20N? It is interesting that your posts asks for a way to default all users to EDIT while I saw another post that ask to default all users to DISPLAY. So, it appears possible to set either default for all users. I want to set to DISPLAY, while retaining the ability for an individual user to change their default to EDIT. Thank you for any assistance.

Regards,

Tom

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jatinder,

Authorization object of CJ20N is C_PROJ_TCD, which you can access in SE93, and giving the T-Code.

You can assign only display access to all the PS User, who just want to see the project builder, without making any changes with the help of BASIS and Security consultant, by giving them this Object.

Best Luck,

Nishan Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nishant,

I dont want to revoke Project edit access from users, i just want that whenever they open CJ20N by default system opens the project in Display mode.

I can do this in Options but only by logging with the specific user ID, so to do this for all PS users i have to logon to all there user ID's and do this setting.I am looking for somthing to do this in Mass, or Role level??

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Its remainds me one thing, we have option to set log on transaction in options.

You know what I mean, If you set preferred transaction as your log on transaction then it will opens up whenever you log back to SAP.

Do one thing here, open the CJ20N and make it to display mode by clicking on change/display icon.

save it and then go to option again and input the transaction CJ20N as your preferred transaction and save it and log out.

Log in back to SAP and click on CJ20N transaction and check does it open in display or change mode.

if that works then that would meet your requirement.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Small correction to earlier post and sorry about for misinformation.

In CJ20N main screen go to Settings > Options, here you can change the option from Change to Display and save it. I don' t think we have mass application functionality here to set all the users across the organization level.

By doing this CJ20N will always open in display mode if in case they need they can go back to same and change the settings from Display to Change,

Other correction: Set Start Transation:

On the main SAP Easy Access Screen, go to Settings > Set Start Transaction and click on green check mark. This will enable users to show up CJ20N only wheneve they log in.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a similar need. Is there any way to provide default values for CJ20N Settings -> Options? Our need is that we would like our users to always open projects with Display mode to avoid locking issues for other users. If a user needs to make a real project change, he/she would change that specific project to edit mode and make changes. Is there any setting like a parameter or something where this Edit mod setting is set to Display by default?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can acheive this through user settings  which was explained in this thread.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead going this way, the better option would be through roles. These settings are user specific and can be changed any time without any permission. That is the reason its called as user specific.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

Thanks for the update, is it that i can do this in role setup (i.e. default Editing mode as "DISPLAY") for all SAP PS users ?

But i dont see any aurhorization object in PFCG? can you let me know in which authorization object can this setup be done?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

When you setting up authorization access through roles this OPTIONS does not arise. You know what I mean, for example, I have a Change mode access CJ20N which enables me open project in change mode always whenever I open project in CJ20N. when you opend the project and while reveiwing by mistake change some value and in a hurry confirmed to save the changes made while going out of CJ20N, system record the changes which you did it unintentiionally.

To avoid all this kind of issues, some user go to options and make it display mode so that they can open and close. If need airses to change any data then switch over to change mode.

Hope I tried to explain you the functionality.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for the so swift response,

yes i understand that we can MANUALLY set this to DISPLAY logging on to each user ID, but i want to do this in MASS for all my users, is it possible?

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure Jatinder that kind of option available to perform. Cetainly not available because its User Specific and not be made abvailable for MASS functionality

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

You can restrict this (display mode) to yourself either Manually or when you first time logon to CJ20N in your system, but it doesn't mean that, if you lock it for yourself, it would be locked for others too.

Since this is related to authorizations, I would suggest you to contact your Security Admins, which would help you in setting up this for you.

Regards,

Sumanth