Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PREP_INPUT/INITPUT_PRE - MSSUPGGETREL.LOG

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you help me please...?!

I´m facing with an error during the EHP Installer, I´m doing the support packages update for Solution Manager 7.1 to the Stack 05, for this I´m using the EHP Installer tool. This is a distributed system, with SQL Server 2008 and the SAP Central Instance (CI) on diferent hosts/servers.

But I´m with an error during the phase PREP_INPUT/INITPUT_PRE.

First it show me the following question and let me choose the answer YES or NO:

The wizard of EHPI show me this, it makes the following question

Please check the logfile MSSUPGGETREL.LOG

in the directory D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\log

for errors on execution of script MSSUPGGETREL.SQL

Did MSSUPGGETREL.SQL execute correctly?

YES
NO

But the problem is, I can not found any MSSUPGGETREL.LOG file, there is no <drive>\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\log\MSSUPGGETREL.LOG

So I don´t know if that script was executed or not!

So, my answer was NO... and next the EHPI show me the following message:

Severe error(s) occured in phase PREP_INPUT/INITPUT_PRE!

Last error code set: Cannot open 'D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\log\MSSUPGGETREL.LOG': The system cannot find the file specified.

I search for a solution, I found the following thread, and in there someone advice to run this update with SUM instead EHPI... I also ran this with SUM 1.0 (SP05) and it show me the same error during the same phase.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3167031

Best regards,

Dimas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, as far as I can search this seems to be a problem with the EHPI, in anycase have you searched for the MSSUPGGETREL.SQL script?, if it exist have you tried to execute it manually?, If you answer is other than NO does the EHPI resume work?... You need to explore your options. I'm sure you have a backup just in case  😄

Regards, Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan Reyes,

Well, yes the script MSSUPGGETREL.SQL exists in the directory \usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\bin, but as I said before, I´m in a distributed system, the database (MS SQL Server) is running in another server, but I´m running the EHPI in server where I have installed the SAP system (Central Instance), there is any problem with this approach?

As I realized, you recommend to execute this script manually... in this case I have to go in to the server where is the database installed, am I right?... and open the SQL Management Studio and run the script...?!

Can  you help me please?

Thank you
Dimas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be my guess that this is not the only script EHPI will have to run so, I would run this script manually, check the results and resume the installation and see how it goes.

The fact that this is a distributed system should not be an issue. Make sure you have read the documentation.

in this case I have to go in to the server where is the database installed, am I right?... and open the SQL Management Studio and run the script...?!

Thats an option

Regards, Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan Reyes,

But in this case I only have this script in where I´m running the EHPI

(D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\bin) and so how can I run this script in SQL Server side if in there, there is no script, only in SAP CI server (where I´m running EHPI)... how to run this script manually?

Best regards,

Dimas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is where the SQL Server Native Client play its part. I think you need to read the documentation

Regards, Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Juan... but we installed the MS SQL Server 2008 Native Access Client (SNAC) in Central Instance host before we started the sap installation. (page 57 in Installation guide of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 on Windows: MS SQL Server)

Distributed System

On the central instance host, you install the MS SQL Server 2005 Native Access Client (SNAC) software [page 58] or MS SQL Server 2008 Native Access Client (SNAC) software [page 67].

On the database instance host, you install the MS SQL Server 2005 or MS SQL Server 2008 (R2) database software [page 58].

Kind regards,

Dimas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, fine then, As I meantioned you should test running the script manually (even if it involves coping the script to the DB host)... and check the result....  If this is an isolated issue with the EHPI then it should move on once you have confirmed that the script finishes correctly...

Regards, Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Juan... I copied the script to the DB host and I ran the script with management studio but where I can check the log file?! I don´t know where is it!? I don´t see the file .LOG... damn 😞

Can you help me please..

Kind regards,

Dimas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need the log if you can see the execution on the SQL Studio... otherwise you can pipe it to a text file.

Regards, Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Something ir wrong here... and I don´t know the reason...

I ran the script in DB side host, after that I answer YES on the check box in EHPI wizard (when it asked if the script was executed or not)... after that the EHPI stopped again with the following message:

Errors were found in the logfile MSSCONCHECK.LOG

after execution of the script MSSCONCHECK.SQL.

SAPehpi cannot proceed until these errors are fixed.

Please, examine MSSCONCHECK.LOG, fix reported errors and then call R3UP again

But once again I don´t find any log files in path D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\log ... I only see this two .OUT files, MSSUPGGETREL.OUT and MSSCONCHECK.OUT.

Here it is the contents of each file:

MSSCONCHECK.OUT:

SAPehpi> Starting subprocess sqlcmd.exe with id 4640 at 20121002142856

EXECUTING sqlcmd.exe -S SAPWD02DB -E -d SM2 -i D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\bin\MSSCONCHECK.SQL -o D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\log\MSSCONCHECK.LOG -h-1

Environment: JAVA_HOME=D:\usr\sap\SM2\DVEBMGS00\exe\sapjvm_4

Environment: PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

Environment: Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;D:\usr\java\bin;\\SAPWD02DB\sapmnt\SM2\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

Environment: auth_shadow_upgrade=0

Environment: dbs_mss_schema=sm2

MSSUPGGETREL.OUT:

SAPehpi> Starting subprocess sqlcmd.exe with id 4640 at 20121002142734

EXECUTING sqlcmd.exe -S SAPWD02DB -E -d SM2 -i D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\bin\MSSUPGGETREL.SQL -o D:\usr\sap\SM2\EHPI\abap\log\MSSUPGGETREL.LOG -h-1

Environment: JAVA_HOME=D:\usr\sap\SM2\DVEBMGS00\exe\sapjvm_4

Environment: PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

Environment: Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;D:\usr\java\bin;\\SAPWD02DB\sapmnt\SM2\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

Environment: auth_shadow_upgrade=0

Environment: dbs_mss_schema=sm2

I searched for a solution and I found the following thread, in there I read something related with sqlcmd.exe... in fact I don´t have any sqlcmd.exe in my CI host:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1542413

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I would install the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Command Line Utilities and check the paths as suggested and try again

Regards, Juan

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good news Juan,

It worked! What I did was perform the installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Command Line Utilities in the following site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6C3E9EF-BA29-4A43-8D69-A2BED18FE73C&displa...

It created the \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn. After that, I added this location to the environment variable PATH like: xyz;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn.

I rebooted the server and after that, I restarted the EHPI and the problem was overcome and the upgrade could continue.

Thank you very much Juan for you help 🙂

Best regards,

Dimas

Answers (0)