Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align text in Smartforms

former_member1312574
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus please help,

I am woking on a smart form (packing list) where I need to display material properties as a organized list as shown below. I can't use templete becasue we are using a table to list multiple items of the packing list already. I tried many ways but they are not aligning because number of characters in line1 and line 2 are not same.

Ho can I do this? Please help.

Property1     Property2     Property3     Property4     Property5     Propterty6

0.0010          1.2341          .0000           0.1234          .4567             .0000

Thanks,

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is exactly your problem, why don't you create a TABLE like you would have created a TEMPLATE, defining cells/boxes and using right justified paragraphs if they contain amount or quantity, else left justified ?

Regards,

Raymond

former_member1312574
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much,

I need to do this formatting inside a Table node. Smartforms is not allowing to add a templete inside a table node. Please guide me.

Best regards,

Pavan

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

If your problem is to align the text then if your using table or template does not matter create a smart style in tocde: smartforms or smartstyles  create a node under the paragraph format  with desired justification  then assign smartstyle name to the style which is in  output options tab of the respective text element.

After assigning smartform to the text element now in general attributes tab of that text element click on editor as shown in figure   

Full editor will be opened.Now click on the goto in menu and now click on change editor and give ur paragraph node of smartstyle in the left box.Automatically ouput will be printed in desired allignment.

Regards,

Mahipal.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sakshi_sawhney
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Yes you are correct , alignment is an issue but for the work around i can suggest you with 2 options:

• Option 1 :
  • Make use of a folder within Table Cell .
  • Inside the folder make a loop (loop at the internal table that contains material properties at condition in where so that only particular material properties are looped)
  • Within loop have a text with General Properties  Tab Property - start  set to Append Directly.

So this way you can have properties in only line.

• Option 2:
  • If you can ask for a change in your Form Layout and ask them to display properties vertically instead of horizontally
  • because see if material A can have 2 properties and material B has 7 properties how will you fit 7 properties in 1 Row so its better to display it vertically for this you can
  • Make use of a folder within Table Cell .
  • Inside the folder make a loop (loop at the internal table that contains material properties at condition in where so that only particular material properties are looped)
  • Within loop have a text with General Properties  Tab Property - start  set to New Paragraph.

Let me know if u have any queries in above and do correct me if i am wrong

sakshi_sawhney
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your query. I am unable to understand the property part.Is it that material properties would differ from material to material?

Could you elaborate a more that from where are u fetching the property?

former_member1312574
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sakshi,

Thank you so much. Properties differ from material to material. We store properties in custom tables. The requirement is to print on a form. I can't use templete because I am in a table node. Please help.

Best regards,

Pavan