cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disadvantage of ACL & Scheduling

0 Kudos

hi,

Please provide me the disadvantage of ACL & Scheduling if we are not using in SAP PS.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you read this thread you will be able to understand the advantages vis a vis disadvantages also.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3147875

Scheduling is the functionality of a project which will let you know where you would be in future depending on present status of confirmations. What I mean, for every project you will defined start and end date. basing the confirmations and when you schedule it system will let you what is the %age of completed today and what would be expected end date.

This is very big topic, please go through various thread and other forums.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your reply.

I know the process of ACL enabling and disabling but i just wanted to know the disadvantage of not having ACL in my Project.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

How would Sudhakar know what the disadvantages would be of not having ACL in your project? Its you who know the entire business process for your project.

Moreover, its not a hard and fast rule that you should be using ACL since the functionality is in place, If you feel that instead of controlling the authorizations via the Basis module it would be easy to do it using ACL, go ahead and use it. Else check if there is really any need to use ACL in your project. That should answer your query. If you dont think that it is necessary to use ACL in your project, forget about the advantages and disadvantages.

Regards,

Gokul

0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your input.

I agree with you but it is the requirement of user. They wanted to know major advantage & disadvantage of having ACL & Scheduling in project.If possible Please help to provide your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case refer what Sudhakar has mentioned above and also go through SAP Help. You will understand the advantages and disadvantages of using ACL. As far as scheduling is concerned, its a big topic and cannot be explained here. Refer SAP help.

Regards,

Gokul

0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I Know the advantage of using both But i don't know the disadvantage of not having both. if possible provide me the same and also tell me how take SAP Help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to understand that i cannot comment on the disadvantage without knowing your business process. If you say you know the advantage you should also deduce the disadvantages.

Moreover, advantage or disadvantage is just a perspective.