Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCS Instance PSE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am setting up ssl metadata exchange for my web dispatcher.  this is working in Q/A where there is a CI instance and a DI instance.

In production there is also a Abap SCS instance in addition to the dvebmgs instance and DI instances.  The message server is actually part of the ASCS instance so the message server https port had to be enabled in the ASCS instance instead of the dvebmgs instance.  However, I noted that the SSL does not work after recycle because the ASCS instance does not share the PSE with the dvebmgs/DI instances.

In our configuration, the ASCS instance will always be on the same server as the dvebmgs and db instance as all 3 failover to another server together if there is an issue.  Should the ASCS parameters be set to point to the pses in the dvebmgs instance, or should they have their own PSE.  If they need their own, couldn't i just copy system, ssl system, and ssl client pses from the dvebmgs instance to the ASCS sec directory?  I would think they should have the same common names.

I tested in a sandbox and found parameters ssl/client_pse  and ssl/server_pse can be used in the ASCS instance to point to the location of the dvebmgs instance PSEs.  I have been looking for something in SAP documentation, but have not found it yet.  Can anyone help?  Has anyone else handled this the same or a different way?

Thanks, Pat

1 REPLY 1

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pat,

If you have multiple application servers you can 1 of 3 choices:

You can have one PSE server for all application servers.

Have a PSE server for each application server.

Or do a combination of both.

I would take option 1 if it were me, just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers