Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete models/package.... in Studio

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I try to delete an Attr. view which standalone (not being used in any analytical view) using Object owner or with SYSTEM, comes an error

Deletion of object ...........

unsupported what for action==delete

want to clean up models, packages not necessary anymore

regards

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member192683
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I created some XS and SAPUI5 Projects in HANA Studio, now when I try to delete these projects/ packages, i get an error "Repository: package is not empty (contains development Objects)" but this package seems to be empty as I can't see any thing inside the package. May be their are some invisible objects inside the package but I can't see them.

I am using HANA version 1.0.49. I also tried the following statement do delete the package 'a1project' content:

DELETE * FROM _SYS_REPO.PACKAGE_CONTENT WHERE PACKAGE_ID = 'a1project';

but I am getting the error: "sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "*""

and when I try this statement:

DELETE from _SYS_REPO.PACKAGE_CONTENT WHERE PACKAGE_ID = 'a1project';

then I am getting error: "Could not find table/view PACKAGE_CONTENT in schema _SYS_REPO"

Can some one tell me how to delete this package.

Thanks and best regards.

Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fahad,

did you get this resolved? I am having the same problem, and do not see the solution here..

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

No, not yet.

Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fahad,

I think the issue here is that you took the select * FROM _SYS_REPO.PACKAGE_CONTENT WHERE PACKAGE_ID = 'a1project';

and put a delete instead of select. Just take out the * since in a delete you are not specifying a result set.

so -

DELETE FROM _SYS_REPO.PACKAGE_CONTENT WHERE PACKAGE_ID = '%a1project%';

but test with the select * instead of the delete first - to be sure you are getting EXACTLY what you want.

Hope that helps. Just keep in mind that fiddling with the repository is not supported - although I believe the behavior is a bug,

Karl

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this in Modeler perspective.

DELETE from _SYS_REPO.PACKAGE_CONTENT WHERE PACKAGE_ID = 'a1project';

Also be aware of inconsistencies by doing so in other system tables like ACTIVE_OBJECTS, INACTIVE_OBJECTS.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl

I agree ... the behaviour seems like a bug,

To get rid of a project I first deleted the project in the project explorer.

The I tried to delete it in the Repository Tab but I got the denial ...package contains development objects...

When trying to delet those I was not offered the delete option in the RMB menu...

So i went through the following steps to delete my project 'P02':

1) show all inactive objects from the repository to make sure we only get the ones we want

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."INACTIVE_OBJECT" where "PACKAGE_ID" like '%P02%'

2) delete all objects

delete from "_SYS_REPO"."INACTIVE_OBJECT" where "PACKAGE_ID" like '%P02%'

That still did not do the trick as I still had the active objects listed that I could not delete (see above)

so ...

3) show all active objects to make sure we only get the ones we see in the repository explorer and cannot delete there...

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" where "PACKAGE_ID" like '%P02%'

4) delete all such objects

delete from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" where "PACKAGE_ID" like '%P02%'

After that I was able to delete the project.

HOWEVER: I am not aware of the complete repository structure so I have no clue whether there are "left overs" anywhere else ... that could break my neck sometime in the future if e.g. I use the same names again 😞

One should not have to fiddle with internals like that!

What is missing is the file delete for active  objects and

that  inactive objects should appear in the repository explorer as well

or they should be deleted implicitly as they currently do not show up on the user interface...

(I am using 1.0.6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggested steps worked perfectly!

Recently i surface the same in HANA REV 60 ,done the deletion with ref. to above steps and worked to me.

Thanks Olaf

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Question ..... I have the same thing here. Our Hana is on 58 and my studio is 60.

I have some at_views in package_1 that I had moved to package_2.

When I exported them in my transport I found that the objects in package_2 were included in my package_1 output even though they were not in my du.

I then moved "all objects" from package_1 to package_2 and still they showed up.

I tried to delete package_1 and I could not.

I deleted the objects in package_1 from "_SYS_BIC"

I see that I have contents of package_1 objects in "_SYS_REPO.ACTIVE_OBJECTS".

I can not exe "delete from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" where "PACKAGE_ID = 'package_1' " because of security.

When I activate an object in package_2 and exe:

"select * from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" order by 2"

then I see my object in BOTH package_1 and package_2 !!!!

That is why I was getting bad content in my export.

Anyone know how I solve this without getting the basis group to exe that delete command (which they wont want to do) ?

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

We upgraded to service pack 4 on the HANA Server and at the same time uninstalled the client and studio, and then reinstalled to upgraded client (32 Bit version 38. And now we seem to having the same issue.

It is inconsistent, some items we can delete and some items we cannot delete. At the moment there is one attribute, one analytic and one script that cannot be deleted.

Has anybody made any progress on this issue?

Thanks

David Bullock

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had same issue but upgrading HANA db and Studio both to same rev 40 seemed to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick, shall try it today.

David

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did updating Studio help?

former_member186273
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran into the same issue. But after delete all the active objects and inactive objects, the package can be totally deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not be removed Package, too.

try execute SQL statement.

> select * from _SYS_REPO.INACTIVE_OBJECTS

Found many inactive objects.

I want to try to remove the inactive objects.

Please tell me how to delete an inactive object.

Yuuta.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuta,

You can delete all the inactive objects by

DELETE from _SYS_REPO.INACTIVE_OBJECTS

Again you should be very sure, if you really want to delete all inactive objects.

As said by Lars, such actions would adversely effect the repository.

Thanks

Raj

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A Ahmad,

I faced this probelm since rev21 (now it's better on rev37). There are some utils on phyton_support that correct this and make the objects showup so you can delete it. But before you do it you need to open a ticket at SAP as scripts aren't to used without express request from SAP Support.

Regards, Fernando Da Ros

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have the same problem here with DB Rev. 28, Studio Rev. 35.

We can perform the deletion without problem using Studio Rev. 32 or Rev. 28.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

It is recommended to keep the DB and Studio / Client versions in sync. If you have Studio / Client revision 35, it is advisable to upgrade the DB to revision 35 or if DB is rev 28, then studio / client should also be 28.

Mismatching revisions can cause problems.

@ Ahmad, do you have a similar situation ?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as Ravi said, you should have the same versions for DB, client and studio.

Could you sync your versions and try it again?

Best Regards,
Marcel

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have performed the update on Rev. 37 (DB, Studio, Clients).

Now all the folder Content is empty. I cannot see any objects created before (not even with user SYSTEM).

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."PACKAGE_CATALOG" shows all packages.

select * from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" shows all objects.

So they are still there.

Any ideas?

Has anybody seen problems when reverting back to Rev. 28 from Rev. 32?

Best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

P.S.

We have another instance for BW on HANA. That instance shows the package folder structure correctly. We did not model anything on that instance yet.

0 Kudos

When I try to create a new package, an error message occurs:

"Repository: schema 'repo' is inconsistent"

I 'll continue here with this error:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3217297

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmad,

Can you give us some information about your installation (Revision of HANA DB, Studio, Client)?

Best Regards,
Marcel

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

HANA DB is on Rev. 28, Studio 33

I've autho. nearly same like SYSTEM.

If try to directly delete Package then comes error: Repository, Package is not empty (contains dev. objects)

Tried to delete as object owner and also using SYSTEM but no result.

one thing that I just tested is: when I create a new package without further creating any attr. view then can can delete it

regards

Ahmad

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check to see whether anything in your authorization changed recently. Regards, Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I can delete atrribute view. Have you tried to delete the whole package without delte the attr. view?

Have you got the error when attri. view or package?

Can you please try to delete it again.

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Yes it is possible to delete package without deleting the active attribute/analytic/calculation views.

Syntax is

DELETE * FROM _SYS_REPO.PACKAGE_CONTENT WHERE PACKAGE_ID = 'package_name_to_delete';

Regards

Raj

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just keep in mind: manually fiddling with the repository tables/structures is not supported and might render the repository inconsistent.

So whatever disclaimer you would put on e.g. manipulating the Windows registry completely applies to touching the HANA modelling repository as well.

- Lars